(New Videos 12/21/10) 3 15" Alpine Type ARRRRRRGHs in single CRX box tuned to 30Hz, in my Swagger Wagon

Few things I need input on for my van.  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What name shoudl I pick???

• Swagger Wagon
    • Party Van
    • Pimp Mobile
    • Decimator
    • Shaggin Wagon
  2. 2. What type of amps should I look at for my next build???

• Stetsom 7kd
    • 3 RF T1500-1bd
    • 3 RF T2500-1bd
    • Some amp that can do 7k+ RMS @ 1ohm (name amp)
  3. 3. Which subs for the build mentioned above???

• 3 15" DC lvl 4 XLs
    • 3 15" DC lvl 5
    • 3 15" Fi BL
    • 3 15" Fi BTL
    • 3 subs that are dual 2ohms adn capable of around 2k RMs each

Those are some MASSIVE boxes for those R's, How does it sound?

You be the judge. Sounds way better in person, I give demos all the time, and people are still surprised how loud I am. I have had guys asking what I got? And do you got like 6- 15s in there. I am easily heard from a few blocks away, and have set off alarms, on two streets over.

Let me know what you all think. Leave comments on my youtube account, which has all my videos of this build.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

BTW How can i actually embed the videos on the forum page, I want the actual video and not the link.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I gotta Q. How are you going to run the T1500 and P1000 at same time on Diff subs. are you going to o-scope it or Digi the output to the same wattage.

Are all 3 boxes going to be the same.

Oh and for the wall make a cardboard template of the contours of the sides and make a large double baffle so all three boxes can be tied together and sound won't escape back to the back of the van. and all you would have to do is unscrew the boxes and slide them out the back for un-installing them.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

This is a video of my Venture with the old box and only 1 A7 1500. I will make a new video tomorrow of the new box, which is MUCH louder and both A7's.

Wait till your rear view mirror comes off the mount, I don't mean break off, I mean loosen the screw, and pop off the metal bracket that's glued to the window. Also how many of your rear AC vents remain?

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I gotta Q. How are you going to run the T1500 and P1000 at same time on Diff subs. are you going to o-scope it or Digi the output to the same wattage.

Are all 3 boxes going to be the same.

Oh and for the wall make a cardboard template of the contours of the sides and make a large double baffle so all three boxes can be tied together and sound won't escape back to the back of the van. and all you would have to do is unscrew the boxes and slide them out the back for un-installing them.

Well as a temporary thing, I'm gonna have the t1500-1bd running the two that they are now, and the p1000-1bd running the single sub in the middle. This will only be temporary until I can get my hands on two more t1500-1bd. The first two boxes are a set of twins, and the third box will be an exact triplet, but it will just be anorexic, meaning the sides are gonna be 1/2" MDF instead of 3/4". I have thought about flex, but I have no flex on the current 3/4" side boxes, and the box that's going in the middle is gonna be a pressure fit, So it will be tight. I don't think I will have any flex.

Also I used cardboard when I made the tope piece, but as I said that was just for Shits 'N' Giggles so I had some mid/highs. And I am gonna redo that wen the third box gets dropped in.

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

dude. 3 1500's on 3 15's in t-lines.... i'm tuned in. :drinks:

bet the bass is tight and very accurate huh?

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

dude. 3 1500's on 3 15's in t-lines.... i'm tuned in. :drinks:

bet the bass is tight and very accurate huh?

Ya the subs handle the range nicely, The lows are good, I was messing around with Phil Collins- In The Air, at school today, and I got people walking out of the school coming towards my car. It is very accurate, and sounds great, especially with the 6.5" Components.

Depending on the subs I go with I will either have 3 t1500-1bd's or 3 t2500-1bd's, If i got with the t2500-1bd's I will most likely have DC lvl5's or Fully Loaded Fi BTL's. If I do the t1500-1bd's (which is more of a reality) they will be the DC lvl4 xl's.

I don't know how far you are away from I-95, but I'm planning on going to Florida next year for my spring break, and I guess I might have to stop at SBN, LOL. Seeing that I'm staying in Ormond Beach. But as I drive I am sure I will have amny demos taht I will be giving.

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

So I am also looking at getting a new Head Unit, does anybody have any suggestions. I am looking for one that still plays CD's, possibly DVD's and has a touch screen. But it must have 6 RCA preouts, iPod interface/control, nice EQ. And a good clean sound.

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Lines are looking good , I'am tuned in

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived