so I was checkin out my throttle body today mainly cuz I wanted to see if I can get my idle speed higher. my new alt is comin soon and mechman was tellin me itll do 135+ amps idling around 800 RPM. but my car idles at 400-500 when its heated up. so I was just curious if i could just raise it a tad (to around 800).

upon investigation, I found a bolt (I hope its a bolt and not a stud) with a nut on it that just under the idle cable dial...when the dial is untouched, it hits this bolt, when its revved, its off the bolt. im thinkin it would be easy as hell to just remove this bolt and nut, find a bolt that was slightly longer and same thread, and just put it in its place. pics to support what Im talkin about...

throttlebodandcrusiecontrol003.jpg

throttlebodandcrusiecontrol004.jpg

the 2nd yellow dot on the right is what Im talkin about.

so basically my question is, does anyone foresee any problems I might have by raising the idle speed to around 800-900 RPM? and very importantly, is this against any IASCA or MECA rules? I realize its possible that my car might throw a throttle body sensor code too

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

np at all i messed with mine to it will do what u want it to do so just loosen the nut and tighten that bolt to the rpm u would like and tighten the nut back down

nice man, thats all I needed to know!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

If you have an auto the worst I can see happening is burning up your trans, but over a period of time. There will always be a load on it that will require the clutches in the trans to slip and generate heat. Yes autos have clutches too..

If you have an auto the worst I can see happening is burning up your trans, but over a period of time. There will always be a load on it that will require the clutches in the trans to slip and generate heat. Yes autos have clutches too..

ah interesting...In that case, I may opt to do it before a competition only. Honda trans FTL!! Ill probably end up swapping this one out for a japanese one. its already starting to shift hard. Thanks for the input!

you could always get a programmer and change it less of chance of it destroying your trans

thats true, but Id rather not spend the cash to get a programmer for just this ya know?

Did it with mine...only issue i had was that at 800-1000rpms you needed to brake like hell when at lights. As soon as you put it in gear it wanted to go. Just became a pain in the ass. Id only do it at comps.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.