So i'm 17 and live in arizona where the sun beats down on our cars all day everyday. I am starting up a mobile auto detail business and I have a buffer, all different kinds of wax,tire shine,rim clean,car wash soap,microfiber towels, rainx, glass cleaner, scratch remover, small carpet cleaner, and various other accessories needed. I don't know how I should price everything and I don't want it to high or to low and I want to make a good profit from this.

1998 Jeep Wrangler Tj Sport 4.0L

Headunit:Pioneer AVIC-N2

Front Speakers:Boston 746

Rear Speakers:Boston CX-6

Speaker Amp:Kenwood KAC-526

Subwoofer:Kicker Free Air Competition 8inch

Subwoofer Amp:Kenwood KAC-428s

Wiring:Stinger 4&8 Gauge, Rockford Fosgate 16G

Big3 in 4 guage stinger and two 8 gauge stinger wire

Rockford Fosgate Battery Terminals,Connections and Distro Block

Rockford Fosgate Signal Cables

*UPGRADE COMING SOON ONCE SUBS AND AMPS ARE DECIDED*

New Subs Two Sundown SD1V2 10's

So i'm 17 and live in arizona where the sun beats down on our cars all day everyday. I am starting up a mobile auto detail business and I have a buffer, all different kinds of wax,tire shine,rim clean,car wash soap,microfiber towels, rainx, glass cleaner, scratch remover, small carpet cleaner, and various other accessories needed. I don't know how I should price everything and I don't want it to high or to low and I want to make a good profit from this.

What do the local companies charge per detail? Look at the prices for there interior, exterior, wash&wax, complete details and go from there. Make sure that if you buff/polish a customers vehicle you don't swirl the vehicle up. That's bad business worth an ass whoopin. lol

IMO Contact one solid company such as Meguiars, Car Brite, Black Magic and try and get a deal on auto detailing products. Take pics of before and afters of vehicles you have done to prove you know what your doing.

My .02

Derp.

What do the local companies charge per detail? Look at the prices for there interior, exterior, wash&wax, complete details and go from there. Make sure that if you buff/polish a customers vehicle you don't swirl the vehicle up. That's bad business worth an ass whoopin. lol

IMO Contact one solid company such as Meguiars, Car Brite, Black Magic and try and get a deal on auto detailing products. Take pics of before and afters of vehicles you have done to prove you know what your doing.

My .02

this would be a good start. i would also right down the prices they give you, and if you decided to be lower than those companies you can show people how your price compares to others, it would be a good selling point. also make a bunch of flyers and go to malls and grocery stores and put your flyers under as many people wipers as you can and put them in as many mail boxes and door steps as you can. plaster you flyers everywhere. if you work really hard put flyers everywhere for a week or two you will be made for the whole summer.

First and most important, Keep your damn car spotless ALL the time. I don't know how many detail guys roll around with a big ol sticker on the car and its dirty.

Next thing you will want to do is invest in some marketing. Your mobile and just starting so every call is a sale so treat it as such. Also offer up repeating packages, referrals, and discounted offers. Know your market and competition. Just because you are the new guy out, doesn't mean you need to be the cheapest. Know your competitions business as best as you can. This will help you understand what you need to do and NOT do with your business. If you are going to flier cars then keep the fliers small and simple no one will look at a 8x12 flier if they see 4000 of them on other cars a simple 3x5 card on select cars will do. Select cars, don't put a detail card on every car, you can't polish a turd ;) Shoot for cars in business parks and nice retail areas. Try to find cars where people are at work. I myself am more likely to hire you to detail my car while I am at work and less likely if I am at home waiting on you to finish up so I can continue my day. Also look at finding nice motorhomes to do. I like to have mine nice and clean before a weekend out ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

you all gave me some really good ideas. I will def use them

1998 Jeep Wrangler Tj Sport 4.0L

Headunit:Pioneer AVIC-N2

Front Speakers:Boston 746

Rear Speakers:Boston CX-6

Speaker Amp:Kenwood KAC-526

Subwoofer:Kicker Free Air Competition 8inch

Subwoofer Amp:Kenwood KAC-428s

Wiring:Stinger 4&8 Gauge, Rockford Fosgate 16G

Big3 in 4 guage stinger and two 8 gauge stinger wire

Rockford Fosgate Battery Terminals,Connections and Distro Block

Rockford Fosgate Signal Cables