Freestylin's First Go At Building A Box *subs In The Car* Good To Go !

thanks for the ideas guys and ya i used the wood filler yesterday for the gaps and the top is on... just got to put in a couple of screws and seal off a couple spots and i'm good to go. I think i want to paint but i wanna hear it first before that i do that i will have pictures with i get home from work. o ya i still got to round off the edges. but i just wanted to thank all you guys for the help u guys have given me i really appreicate it :)

I got the top and bottom edges rounded off and sanded off some edges and the port still got to sand the whole thing and still have to more 45s to do but i justed some approval from you guys about the spots i filled out which i also sanded. I love my router the thing made my box look a bit better but you guys can let me with your opinions. also test fited the box and it fits perfectly. ya i was thinking i was going to finish today but once my friend said PARTYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was like shit i will finish it tomorrow hahaha but anyways heres the pictures so let me know guys.

some pictures of the inside of the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres the pictures of box in the truck

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres the box rounded off

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

well i will have more tomorrow so let me know what yall think

maytoday don't kno or tomorrow it depends on my friend because he is helping me run the wiring and plus i still got three more 45s to do so i have no clue when i'm thinking hopefully by tomorrow if not tuesday for sure. nah i'n not gonna coverit until i hear than i will see from there ... i have some updates on the way.

Take your time if you decide to paint it...Mix up MDF sawdust and wood glue 1/1 ratio to make a very good wood filler that actually becomes MDF when it dries (because MDF is just compressed sawdust and glue really). Then spend a few hours sanding it...It'll need it to hide the joints between the wood. Painted boxes look sick, but only if you do it right.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Take your time if you decide to paint it...Mix up MDF sawdust and wood glue 1/1 ratio to make a very good wood filler that actually becomes MDF when it dries (because MDF is just compressed sawdust and glue really). Then spend a few hours sanding it...It'll need it to hide the joints between the wood. Painted boxes look sick, but only if you do it right.

X2 That's a good substitute for commercial wood filler. Forgot about that

when i have done the wood glue and saw dust method it seems to shrink up a lil. So i use bondo, when it drys it stays the same and doesnt sink in.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Archived