Freestylin's First Go At Building A Box *subs In The Car* Good To Go !

Well this is my first time trying this and I have gotten so much help from Dale words can't describe how thankful i'm for the help. the box I'm making is for two 12" L7 which is being gonna be powered by a hifonics amp 1600 and its going into a toyato camry. here is the box designs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

here some of the tools and stuff i just picked up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a noobs first attempt so plEase PLEASE PLEASE Criticize me on anything and if you guys have anything to add or I need something else let me know.

For the Resin i have the liquid harder will i need anything else like sandpaper and another thing is should i do the wood 45s or the resin 45s?? igh guys let me know and let the fun begin :lol:

wrong kinda gloves for messin with fiberglass resin.... lol

But you have the RIGHT tools for the job, right glue, only things I didnt see was nail gun/drill

resin works awesome for 45s, I used it once, but its expensive, I just use wood 45s, but the resin is prettier, and will keep the box together better IMO

My best habbit its over cut the wood by about 1/16" up to 1/4" , after nailing the box together, I use the routers flush cut bit for perfectly flat edges, then 3/8"s - 5/8"s round over bit

When you do that Port, and the corner of the port (elbow of the L) 45 it, and try and keep the distance between the 45 and the edge in the port constant with the rest of the port

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

wrong kinda gloves for messin with fiberglass resin.... lol

But you have the RIGHT tools for the job, right glue, only things I didnt see was nail gun/drill

resin works awesome for 45s, I used it once, but its expensive, I just use wood 45s, but the resin is prettier, and will keep the box together better IMO

My best habbit its over cut the wood by about 1/16" up to 1/4" , after nailing the box together, I use the routers flush cut bit for perfectly flat edges, then 3/8"s - 5/8"s round over bit

When you do that Port, and the corner of the port (elbow of the L) 45 it, and try and keep the distance between the 45 and the edge in the port constant with the rest of the port

X2 u might want to get some latex gloves.

Well I most say today was a really a big learning experience and probably learn even more tomorrow. At first i tried to use a guide for straight cuts well let just that didn't work off too good so i did free hand the cuts came out much better. It was just me and my cousin and since this was first time we took our time and made sure everything was right. I only bought one sheet I think I may have to go buy another sheet what you guys think?? well here are some more pictures enjoy and make sure u guy let me know when I do something wrong thanks and want thank everyone on this board and espically dale I have learned so much and I think if wasn't for this board my system wouldn't be the same :blush: anyway heres some pictures:

The drill I used

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't have a flush bit but only a 3/8 round over bit you think that would work forevrbumpn

i think i may have to adjust the depth on the router but here are some pics i was just messing around on a piece wood i didn't need

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking good so far...

Best advice I could suggest for you...Don't make any plans when your building your first box...Make that day just for the box...That way you don't have to rush shit...Take your time.

As for the gloves...get rid of those, don't fiberglass with those.

If you need any help send me a p/m.

Lookin great thus far man........the gloves I agree with but thats on a 'read about only' basis beacuse I haven't glassesd before. Also don't forget a breath mask. Fumes can be nautious. Eye gear too man.

and yes much betrter than my first as well.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

thanks for all the feedback guys ya I'm probably get some different gloves i just using them while cutting wood. Today I just bought another sheet of mdf cuz i don't think one sheet was going to be enough. today I'm try to cut everything but if i dont have time probably will finish cutting everything tomorrow and may start some of the resin. so is this the steps of how i would do the 45s:

1. measure 4-5oz in measuring cup than put 14 drops per oz.

2. tilt the box in certain angle and pour in the resin

3. let it set (it said it needs 2 hr what do you guys usually do

and thats It ????

should i just first just pour some in and just get a brush and paint the inside and then do the 45s in each corner( i think this will be easier). let me know whats up and any tips before i proceed with resin

Archived