steeda ftmfw... I think I'm going to port the airbox on the vic right now just to see if it makes a difference. If not, I have a 99 parts car crown vic with a brand new intake system so I could go back to stock whenever I wanted.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Ok now the truth can be told.....For the record- We've had 4 explorers and 2 expeditions.

You have the smallest, restricted V8- in the second largest SUV ford makes.

You Have added a shithouse of a system I assume.

You WILL....NOT.....EVER get decent gas milage....period.

If you DO upgrade the truck's performance you will most likely gas it a little more in an attempt to get the acceleration your brain and equilibrium feel you should be getting.

A tune alone...is a huge waste of money. Don't even think that...no...no no no...no no.

Any mechanic who knows this subject will tell you (if he's not after just your money) that a tune is the last thing done when mod'ing a vehicle. The tune is a culmination of all the mods done, it brings the computer system up to par with what the mechanical system can now achieve. Tuning now, means that to get the best results from future mods you would need to get a new tune at a later date, wasting yourself money.

If I were you...and gas milage was my biggest concern....I would...(in a decent order regarding price)

First- go buy one of these: http://www.scangauge.com/ and mount it on your gauges- so you can see how much your driving is effecting the gas milage.

Second- second go here http://www.modifiedexpedition.com/ and get and exhaust and intanke. Or get another comparable intake and a custom exhaust.

DONT FORGET- this is the best time to do headers if you plan on it, if you have the thought- go ahead and don't waste money.

like: http://www.lmperformance.com/19640/52.html or whatever you find-

Third- make sure your tires are the right style for your driving, ie- if you aren't driving in snow or mud a lot- not a need for 32" M/Ts :)

Fourth- highway usage- this is a difficult choice. If you don't spend time at speeds of 70mph a lot, lower gears could help your in town milage. As long as you don't romp it constantly. Meaning- same amount of fuel as normal, will accelerate you to a lower speed quicker, at the expense of gas milage at higher rpms.

Fifth- Get a tune. A real...in house...real person...tune. a Man Tune if you will. :)

Now, will you see a huge difference? maybe. But you will defiantly feel a difference, if you can keep from romp'in the sob, you should achieve what you're looking for.

Ok now the truth can be told.....For the record- We've had 4 explorers and 2 expeditions.

You have the smallest, restricted V8- in the second largest SUV ford makes.

You Have added a shithouse of a system I assume.

You WILL....NOT.....EVER get decent gas milage....period.

If you DO upgrade the truck's performance you will most likely gas it a little more in an attempt to get the acceleration your brain and equilibrium feel you should be getting.

A tune alone...is a huge waste of money. Don't even think that...no...no no no...no no.

Any mechanic who knows this subject will tell you (if he's not after just your money) that a tune is the last thing done when mod'ing a vehicle. The tune is a culmination of all the mods done, it brings the computer system up to par with what the mechanical system can now achieve. Tuning now, means that to get the best results from future mods you would need to get a new tune at a later date, wasting yourself money.

If I were you...and gas milage was my biggest concern....I would...(in a decent order regarding price)

First- go buy one of these: http://www.scangauge.com/ and mount it on your gauges- so you can see how much your driving is effecting the gas milage.

Second- second go here http://www.modifiedexpedition.com/ and get and exhaust and intanke. Or get another comparable intake and a custom exhaust.

DONT FORGET- this is the best time to do headers if you plan on it, if you have the thought- go ahead and don't waste money.

like: http://www.lmperformance.com/19640/52.html or whatever you find-

Third- make sure your tires are the right style for your driving, ie- if you aren't driving in snow or mud a lot- not a need for 32" M/Ts :)

Fourth- highway usage- this is a difficult choice. If you don't spend time at speeds of 70mph a lot, lower gears could help your in town milage. As long as you don't romp it constantly. Meaning- same amount of fuel as normal, will accelerate you to a lower speed quicker, at the expense of gas milage at higher rpms.

Fifth- Get a tune. A real...in house...real person...tune. a Man Tune if you will. :)

Now, will you see a huge difference? maybe. But you will defiantly feel a difference, if you can keep from romp'in the sob, you should achieve what you're looking for.

thanks for the reply man, no system in it anymore but yeah.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

Since you probably use this on the highway I would keep the stock gearing. You have the 2v 4.6 so I would look into a set of cams, some free flowing exhaust, an SCT tuner (americantrucks.com, this will also help with shift-firmness), and if that isn't quite enough, look into a small/cheap pro-charger or a set of heads.

I know a guy with a cammed 2v 4.6 and a pro-charger that is layin down well over 400hp at the wheels. Just know that an SC will rob you of your fuel economy so bear that in mind when looking at power-adders. I think cams, exhaust, chip, and tune are your best bet. Americantrucks.com has a lot of that stuff for sale with free shipping.

Edited by stockfox91

dscn0116shdrsscopy.png

Jeff's 1991 Ford Mustang GT

IMO i would look into why it's only getting 8 miles to the gallon and start from there.

Because it's a huge truck with a little motor.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is helpfull, I've had a 2006 expedition and a 2003 f150 with the 4.6 v8 and I've done a lot of research. First off check out a company called bbk @ bbkperformance.com. They make upgrade kits that include throttle bodies and intake, they also make pully kits, headers, and other cool stuff. Also if u want to change exhaust, id suggest going with straight pipes, because they sound cool and on my f150 give a nice boost in hp on the higher end of the rpm spectrum. hope ive helped! good luck with your expo

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your

(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Team Bad Company

Hope this is helpfull, I've had a 2006 expedition and a 2003 f150 with the 4.6 v8 and I've done a lot of research. First off check out a company called bbk @ bbkperformance.com. They make upgrade kits that include throttle bodies and intake, they also make pully kits, headers, and other cool stuff. Also if u want to change exhaust, id suggest going with straight pipes, because they sound cool and on my f150 give a nice boost in hp on the higher end of the rpm spectrum. hope ive helped! good luck with your expo

(\__/)

Team Bad Company

(\__/)

Team Bad Company