XS Power

honestly for the price you could go with a Marine deep cycle from your local AutoZone or Advance Auto and get a 175-195 min reserve for 75-85 bucks and have two for what you would pay for one small DC or Kinetic or Stinger(i have a SP1200 $289 and one deepcycle off 2000 watts and only a 130amp alt and keep it at 14.1 volts normally 13.8-13.7volts during hard hits and jumps right back up to 14.4 when i cut my radio off.)

Just make sure your using good connectors and big enough wire. Plus it would be from a local nationwide dealer with 2year waranty. Can you say free replacement at 23months. I do it all the time. just keep your reciepts.

I wish i would have never bought my Stinger Red top. I would have been better off buying 2-3 more deepcycles with the money and kept it at 4 deepcycles like I had it(more reserve cap). They can last much more than two years if you don't drain them empty a lot, and giving your car a Big 3 will help that a little too but free replacement means FREE so why not have brand new ones. PPL worry about the ohms or resistance or what ever to much. Unless your running a Meade style install normal batts work just fine if you have big enough wire ran from them.

honestly the best batts to get are cell phone tower batts. they have incredible reserve times and are the same size as medium deep cycles but are hard to come by unless you know someone. $1600ish brand new or $40-100 used (they get changed regularly regardless of condition so they are generally 98% brandnew)

Did that give you an answer you were looking for? :)

I'll probably get banned for saying that about $$$pit batts but I have one of the best that out preformed Kinetic's same size models in tests and still think normal deep cycles are the way to go for the money.

If you compare battery to battery an AutoZone, Advance, or any other recycled flooded battery can not compare to our batteries as far as performance goes. It has been tested over and over again, and has been proven over and over again. Do our batteries cost more? Yes Are they for everyone? No If a cheaper flooded battery works for you, then by all means use it and enjoy. If it works and meets your expectations then why pay more $$$ for another battery, but if you want the top performance out of your system then get an XS Power Battery. There is a reason the top competitors are using XS Power Batteries, and thats because they are competition proven.

They cost more because of the technology behind them and the 99.9999% pure lead that goes into them. Could we make cheap box store batteries by using old designs and cheap recycled lead? Yes Will we ever do that? NO, thats what other companies are doing.

Here is how I look at it. If you have a new sport bike or sports car are you going to put the 87 octane fuel in it to save some cash in the short run and get less than peak performance, or are you going put the high test in it and be able to enjoy the full performance you paid for and expect?

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Alrighty so im running a red top up front for starting purpose my system is down since im waiting for my new amp to arrive which is a memphis MCD-2500.1 so ill be pushing about 2700watts at 1 ohm then im most likely running 150.2 or 200.2 for mids and highs im trying to go with just one batt but if two smaller ones can do the job and its not as much money ill do that so throw some info at me. Thanks

-TeejayBee

If you are trying to save money then I would suggest switching the red top out for a S3400 up front. Use it and see how it performs for you. The 3400 will provide you with about 2500watts as a starting battery and comes with a 3yr replacement warranty.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

I understand the reasons why they cost so much more. and i don't doubt that XS would out preform my one marine deep cycle in any way other than maybe as an anchor. I'm just a cheap ass red neck that has used both and can't tell the diff in my little 2000 watt 4amp system other than the big bulky wet cells are heavy as shit.

If i had more money i'd go with XS or Stinger but as far as money goes i'll stick with my Autocraft and replace it after 2 years for free and then in two or three more years worry about buying another one for 8 0 bucks. the stinger does what it says it just can't hold up for as long as i listen to music loud but i shoulda bought the biggest one. I'm a loud kinda guy.:)

My next investment as far as batts are concerned will be for under the hood and will prob be an Optima just cuz they sell them round here and i wouldn't have to deal with a shop or online. oh and there cheaper ;)

(told you going to get banned ;) lol please don't)

Edited by JMZNeal

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\