H/O alt? 2nd battery? Or both?

I'm still on my quest to stop my damn lights from dimming. It's an 03 Honda Civic with a puny 70 amp alt. I have a small system that is listed in my sig. Total it's around 1k watts. I've got a Optima yellow top under the hood and the big 3 done in 0 gauge wire. I'm using this amp kit for wiring. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=5&series_id=41&family_id=86&item_id=108362&locale=en_US&p_status= A small part of the problem is it's only a 4 gauge run from the battery to the distribution block and then 8 gauge from the distribution block to the amps. It's only a few feet but 8 gauge nonetheless.

I will eventually upgrade the wiring but right now I think the problem is bigger than that. I think I need a h/o alt or I need a 2nd battery. Once I get this situation fixed, down the road I'd like to replace the subs and sub amp and go bigger. So I'm assuming I should just get the alternator and that will fix my problem now plus give me room down the road to add more power?

What do you guys recommend?

I'm still on my quest to stop my damn lights from dimming. It's an 03 Honda Civic with a puny 70 amp alt. I have a small system that is listed in my sig. Total it's around 1k watts. I've got a Optima yellow top under the hood and the big 3 done in 0 gauge wire. I'm using this amp kit for wiring. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=5&series_id=41&family_id=86&item_id=108362&locale=en_US&p_status= A small part of the problem is it's only a 4 gauge run from the battery to the distribution block and then 8 gauge from the distribution block to the amps. It's only a few feet but 8 gauge nonetheless.

I will eventually upgrade the wiring but right now I think the problem is bigger than that. I think I need a h/o alt or I need a 2nd battery. Once I get this situation fixed, down the road I'd like to replace the subs and sub amp and go bigger. So I'm assuming I should just get the alternator and that will fix my problem now plus give me room down the road to add more power?

What do you guys recommend?

yeah i agree if your gonna add power later then you should just get a HO alt and a BATT in the back...and i would 4 sure get a better power wire.

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

i always reccomend just doing it safer and smarter for the long run. i would do both. your future plans would upgrade the system so why not just make sure its done when the time comes? alternator first then the batteries can come second when you knwo exactly what youre going to push.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you will never stop light dimming unless you have some serious alternators and batteries and you never drop past 14.4v. or you just get HID's and problem solved. i can turn my car off with my lights on and they dont even dim a bit.

You say that you are going to be upgrading your system in the future. What is the time frame, next month, year, how long? If its not going to be in the next couple of months, I wouldn't really worry about getting a upgraded alternator. Get a second battery and put it in the back. That should suffice for the time leading up to your future upgrades, and at that point, you can get a bigger alternator. 1000 watts is not much, I myself am running close to 2000 watts on a stock 90 amp alt and a yellow top in the rear (soon to be replaced) and didn't have light dim when I have regular halogens in. If there is an option for a little bigger factory style alternator for that engine, might want to go with that also to save yourself some money.

That is what I would do.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

You say that you are going to be upgrading your system in the future. What is the time frame, next month, year, how long? If its not going to be in the next couple of months, I wouldn't really worry about getting a upgraded alternator. Get a second battery and put it in the back. That should suffice for the time leading up to your future upgrades, and at that point, you can get a bigger alternator. 1000 watts is not much, I myself am running close to 2000 watts on a stock 90 amp alt and a yellow top in the rear (soon to be replaced) and didn't have light dim when I have regular halogens in. If there is an option for a little bigger factory style alternator for that engine, might want to go with that also to save yourself some money.

That is what I would do.

So you're saying you had 2k watts on a 90 amp alt, a battery under the hood, a yellow top in the trunk and your lights were fine?

So you're saying you had 2k watts on a 90 amp alt, a battery under the hood, a yellow top in the trunk and your lights were fine?

still have the setup but yes

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

besides going with HIDs now though

this sux camel dicks