Second Skin Audio

Why am i getting different results?

Why are these programs giving different results? This port tuning is pissing me off. I have no idea which one to believe. Bottom right, under net voulme, reads 31.18 htz

232smu.png

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Taken directly from the page that pops up when you hit "HELP" on the bottom of the program:

Box Frequency Tuning Calculator - FAQ/Tip Guide

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

1 - First and foremost, the RE calculator is *not* spot on, and is limited in design, so no, it will not match this calculator.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

no the exposport calc is right, you have to put that you want 3 common port walls for a slot port... that's also in the FAQ... the RE calc isn't right...

so reading>you

^^^ THIS. I didn't see that you didn't have the 3 common walls in there. It still may be a little bit off, but that's because of the fact that the RE calc is not as accurate.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

These programs are very different the RE uses the length of the boards for the length of the port the Torres uses measuring right down the middle of the port. Also if you look at the Torres you made its not a l-port its straight you dont have the port bends as yes. I used both programs the way you are and it took alot of figuring to figure them out. The RE is easier to use but not exact in the tuning freq. The Torres is harder to use but is pretty much dead on as far as specs. I wound up using the RE as I'm a beginer at ported enclosures and it turned out pretty close to what I wanted tuned a little lower then I wanted but sounds really good.

Alpine 9886

Rockford mids and highs

MBQUART 4.125

2 xfl 15's

2 TRX2000.1's

Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back

then fuck that re calc. it's comming off my favs list. This seems so much more accurate

hsv0aa.png

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

The RE calculator does work, to a limit. You have to account for other things yourself. As you notice Torres calculates the tuning with the displacements, the RE does not. If you use the RE you have to calculate a few things yourself. Torres is easier and more accurate though since it calculates the other things itself.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz