Sonic Electronix

Remote turn on switch install??

i have a 2 position 25A 12V LED rocker switch and i want to install it to turn on my amp i have a relay if that is required..how do i go about doing that its probably a noob question but i want it because all my lights up front are blue and i want some more lighting and it would look pretty clean...any help anybody?? :clapping:

92 Black Acura Vigor (Blacura)

pioneer head unit

powerbass s-series 6 1/2 components in front

2 stock tweets up on the dash

2 stock 1 inch speakers by the front dome light

alpine spg-17c2 6/12s in the back,custom fiberglass pods for them

hifonics MX-3 sound processor/line driver

BIG 3 done

stock alt...not for long

1/0G all around

optima yellowtop up front

kinetik 2400 in the back

Powerbass XA3000d sub amp

2 MTX 9500 12s, single 4 ohm vc

(so only doing about 2200w)

8awg wire for the subs

Its 25A so you dont need a relay.

Did it come with instructions or a diagram?

It should have a + and a - for the light. And an input output for the switch.

The + to your + power source can also be connected to the switch input.

Ground the -,

Then run the output to the amp remote.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Its 25A so you dont need a relay.

Did it come with instructions or a diagram?

It should have a + and a - for the light. And an input output for the switch.

The + to your + power source can also be connected to the switch input.

Ground the -,

Then run the output to the amp remote.

it did not come with anything i got it at advanced automotive,theres 3 tabs on it..it has a power tab,a load tab,and a ground..so your saying i put 12V to the power tab..and the ground for ground..obviously ha and the load tab would be used for the output remote going to the amp? where would i put the remote imput?

pioneer head unit

BIG 3 done

stock alt...not for long

1/0G all around

kinetik 2400 in the back

8awg wire for the subs

it did not come with anything i got it at advanced automotive,theres 3 tabs on it..it has a power tab,a load tab,and a ground..so your saying i put 12V to the power tab..and the ground for ground..obviously ha and the load tab would be used for the output remote going to the amp? where would i put the remote imput?

The "Remote lead" from your head unit is no longer used if you going to use a swith. Because you run the 12v to the positve on the switch and then ground to ground then the load goes to the amp remote input.

Are you only running one amp?

The "Remote lead" from your head unit is no longer used if you going to use a swith. Because you run the 12v to the positve on the switch and then ground to ground then the load goes to the amp remote input.

oook got it,and yes im only running one amp for now i know its not needed im doing it purely for looks for now ...and a fuse will be needed correct?

pioneer head unit

BIG 3 done

stock alt...not for long

1/0G all around

kinetik 2400 in the back

8awg wire for the subs

Sounds like my switch.

power is the remote from your HU, load is out to the amp, ground is self-explanatory.

EDIT: this is just how I did mine, so that when the HU turns off, so do the amps. This eliminates the risk of you leaving your amps on and thus getting a dead battery. Turning the switch off will of course cut your amps.

Too many projects, too little time...

Sounds like my switch.

power is the remote from your HU, load is out to the amp, ground is self-explanatory.

Correct unless your running multiple amps then you use a relay.

Should work, Just that the top image will only turn your amp off if you turn the the switch off.

And the 2nd one will turn the amp off if you forget to flick the switch and will turn it off by the ignition switch so when you take the key out of your car.

38828398.png

Not always true about the remote wire not being used. If you don't want to have to run another wire from you accesory fuse line or battery. Then you can always use the ground as the chasis ground. And the 12v in or power would be the remote coming off of your headunit. Then your load would just go to the amp. So running the power wire from your accesory or from your headunits remote this eliminates the chance of you leaving you amps on after you turn off your car and exit.

In my car I have the remote coming out of my headunit going to a toggle switch with three connections. One is a power in from my headunits remote. The other is chasis ground. And the other goes to my amps. This way even if my switch is left on when my car turns off the accesory power is off which runs the headunit. So thus you not having amps on.

Ofcourse all of this could be solved if your headunit has a amp on off which cuts power to the remotes. But you may be doing this to make it easier to switch as that is what I did for mine seeig that It takes a lil bit to search thru the menu.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Correct unless your running multiple amps or your running along distance then you use +12v so you make sure your amp gets enough mv to turn on.

Should work

38828398.png

As an addendum to that, I am running two amps off the one switch and remote wire and am not running into issues with it. Whether it is just from dumb luck or what I cannot say. I do know that I get 12v at each remote terminal though.

Too many projects, too little time...

As an addendum to that, I am running two amps off the one switch and remote wire and am not running into issues with it. Whether it is just from dumb luck or what I cannot say. I do know that I get 12v at each remote terminal though.

some headunits have a higher voltage and amperage load on the output. It also matters on the size of wire you use for your run from the headunit to ur amps. I use 14g instead of 18-20g. This gives me a lower wire resistance which there makes it for less voltage drop and more current flow. So if you are running multiple amps like 3-4+ then you'll prob need a relay. But if u got just two amps you can usually get away with just the wire

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Archived