The engine in my Tahoe has been going downhill for the last year, and I figure it would be easier to rebuild the engine and transmission than to try and sell it for something new. Has anyone here taken there GenIII LM7 and turned it into an LS1?

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

The engine in my Tahoe has been going downhill for the last year, and I figure it would be easier to rebuild the engine and transmission than to try and sell it for something new. Has anyone here taken there GenIII LM7 and turned it into an LS1?

i have, not for my personal truck but for another silverado. the hardest part is going to be the wiring. engine mounts were a little difficult for me but now you can find a lot of already made for your application. youll also need to look up which year ls1 you plan on swapping because they changed year to year. let me see if i can find the link to a guy who provided a lot of help when doing this build..

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

4.7 to 6.0 on GMT800...

My link

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Thanks for the links guys! I think I've decided to go ahead and just build one. Going to get a salvage 5.3, bore it to the 4.0 for the ls1 setup. Going to stroke it to a 6.0, with LS1 style heads, and a high end cam, and roller rockers and push rods. The only suck think is going to be the waiting. But, got a friend that is more than willing to help, free labor :yahoo:

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

cool good luck....there are some smart people at the link I posted, if they cant help they can point to people that can help!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

cool good luck....there are some smart people at the link I posted, if they cant help they can point to people that can help!

I'll keep that in mind, they guy that i know has built his own 700hp, 10 sec. mustang, so I have good faith in him. I find it appropriate to get the corvette engine covers when I do this. How cool will that be, lift the hood on a Tahoe and see CORVETTE-6.0 :yahoo:

Edited by blade7022

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.