Sonic Electronix

Ok I have a Hifonics Bxi 2006D. I attempting to set the gains with a DMM. Well I will be running the amp at 1 ohm @ 2000w. So using that formula I got 44.72v so I used a 50Hz test tone from real of excursion, with my low bass set at around 75 or so and bass boost set at 0 and my subsonic set to 15HZ. Well if you look at my gain knob the far left is 9v and the far right is 0.2v. So Im assuming 0.2v is wide open. Well when I used my DMM to achieve the 44.72v my gain know is basically at 3 o'clock which is at about 75%. And my hu has 4v preouts. Just curious does this seem right.

Ok I have a Hifonics Bxi 2006D. I attempting to set the gains with a DMM. Well I will be running the amp at 1 ohm @ 2000w. So using that formula I got 44.72v so I used a 50Hz test tone from real of excursion, with my low bass set at around 75 or so and bass boost set at 0 and my subsonic set to 15HZ. Well if you look at my gain knob the far left is 9v and the far right is 0.2v. So Im assuming 0.2v is wide open. Well when I used my DMM to achieve the 44.72v my gain know is basically at 3 o'clock which is at about 75%. And my hu has 4v preouts. Just curious does this seem right.

What % of vol. is your HU at

Why 15hz on the Subsonic? A little low for most applications

How does it sound on your ears!?!

DMM gain setting is FTL

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

my hu was set at 75%, and I had the subsonic at 15Hz just because that is its lowest setting, I changed it once I was done, and telling me the dmm ftl does not answer my question

Answer? Find a Oscope or set it by ear.....and keep that nose wide open for coil smelling purposes if you choose the second option

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

some headunits dont put out full preout voltage at 75% volume, some its 50% volume (rare cases) and some its like 99% volume. test it with an oscilloscope to find out for sure.

Answer? Find a Oscope or set it by ear.....and keep that nose wide open for coil smelling purposes if you choose the second option

Set it by ear is better than using an DMM? I'd rather use a DMM than set it by ear, if he hears distortion after setting it with the DMM THEN he can go and tweak it around by ear to get the distortion away.

To the OP, just put your settings on your H/U like you have them when daily driving, and set it that way. To answer your question to see if it "sounds" right, all amps are different.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

ok I have a pioneer avh p4200dvd hu, I usually set it by ear, this was my first time trying the dmm method, just curious to why its not recommended to use the bass boost, last time I had my amp gain set about halfway and about a quarter of bass boost and that worked out pretty well for me, I will check around for an oscope

IIRC using the bass boost knob on the amp will create the amp to work harder than it needs to work, causing stress on your electrical, low voltage, which'll then start causing you to send clipped signals to your sub. But also bass boost only boost 1 freq (45) and who wants that? If it's not loud enough for you without bass boost or maxing out your bass freq on your H/U, upgrade to a bigger system.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz