It's a long story but my last house i rented on foreclosed and the landlord there owed me my deposit, as well as some credits for helping him reseed the lawn and do some maintenance he was not around to do. He was a really cool guy (part of the problem) and in the end, I ended up inheriting a slightly used Whirlpool coin-op laundry machine. There was also a dryer he was offering but the drum or something was the wrong size so I didn't want to mess with it. I'm glad I did because I suck with repairs.

So I obviously also have a key to the machine and today hooked it up. I opened the cover with the intention of just leaving it off and then manually activating it myself, since I have no idea how to convert it to non-coin-op, if this is even possible. For some reason the mechanism seems fairly simple, you put in coins then it lets the metal plate slide back and spin this spring loaded wheel down and around and back.

When I try to do this manually nothing happens and I can't figure out why. Here is pics of the metal spring thing and you can see the white plastic wheel that comes in straight at it to spin it around. If someone has any suggestions on how this works, please let me know. Or perhaps PM me a forum where people can possibly help? thanks.

IMG_0324-1.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

images-1.jpg

Couldn't you just put a quarter (or however many it takes to make it work) in there, and leave the key in there (or leave it unlocked if you can).. When you want to use it (the washer) use it like you normally would if you didn't have a key (using the quarters) and then open up the box thing and get your quarters and put them in the slots for the next time you wish to use the washer :)

I say take a hammer to it. If it breaks, hey, at least it was free!

Just kidding. If you try to put something in there so the metal "switch" is always open, it may be able to trick the mechanism into thinking there are always coins in it. Without seeing it in person it's hard to figure out just how it works, but I'm just throwing out ideas.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt