somerandomguy Posted April 24, 2010 Report Posted April 24, 2010 Anybody know how they work? Not to be used for "bad" stuff, I'm just curious Twice now I've put money into coin machines to get nothing... you'd think they'd make it so it spits your dollar (or whatever amount you put in) out if it's empty, like it does if it doesn't like the bill cause it's folded or whatever. Also, I've seen one being filled before... the woman just dumped quarters into a big bin thing in it. Were the quarters counted? Maybe.. but they weren't rolled or anything, so how does the machine "count" them without messing up? Quote
inm Posted April 24, 2010 Report Posted April 24, 2010 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+change+machines+work Quote On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
somerandomguy Posted April 24, 2010 Author Report Posted April 24, 2010 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+change+machines+work I have already tried that.. I can't find anything telling me how they work Quote
Sanitarium Posted April 24, 2010 Report Posted April 24, 2010 every coin machine i've used has had failsafes and a out of service light for when it's out of coins.. Quote
somerandomguy Posted April 24, 2010 Author Report Posted April 24, 2010 every coin machine i've used has had failsafes and a out of service light for when it's out of coins.. They have the lights, yes... but mine is either always on.. or always off. I have never seen it on, it looks the same all the time...but it works. Except this one time (light wasn't on) Quote
inm Posted April 25, 2010 Report Posted April 25, 2010 I have already tried that.. I can't find anything telling me how they work The second link provided explains it quite easily. "Bill change machines, also called bill changers, convert customers' paper money into coins so they can do such things as buy a snack, do the laundry or play video games. The customer inserts a bill into the machine by following the diagram on the machine. The ink used on money has a magnetic quality, and the machine uses a magnetic head to scan the bills to determine their authenticity and denomination. The machine then sends a signal to the coin mechanism to release the appropriate amount of coins, which are stored in a compartment called a hopper. The hopper then releases the coins, which fall down the chute and into the tray where the customer retrieves them." Quote On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
somerandomguy Posted April 25, 2010 Author Report Posted April 25, 2010 The second link provided explains it quite easily. "Bill change machines, also called bill changers, convert customers' paper money into coins so they can do such things as buy a snack, do the laundry or play video games. The customer inserts a bill into the machine by following the diagram on the machine. The ink used on money has a magnetic quality, and the machine uses a magnetic head to scan the bills to determine their authenticity and denomination. The machine then sends a signal to the coin mechanism to release the appropriate amount of coins, which are stored in a compartment called a hopper. The hopper then releases the coins, which fall down the chute and into the tray where the customer retrieves them." ..okay.. if that's the best I can get lol Quote
inm Posted April 25, 2010 Report Posted April 25, 2010 ..okay.. if that's the best I can get lol Well, what else do you want to know? It clearly explains how it works. Quote On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.