Second Skin Audio

Should i keep my mtx 9500 15" or go to DC???

whats so bad about mtx??? you can make any sub sound good. right off the bat. your running an oem box... a box built for space and warranty in mind.

imho... you have a sub to play with and you are leaning to dc. i say build a new box for the dc and load up the mtx for now. see how thats gonna sound. i bet when you swap out to the dc you wont be that impressed in difference.

whats so bad about mtx??? you can make any sub sound good. right off the bat. your running an oem box... a box built for space and warranty in mind.

imho... you have a sub to play with and you are leaning to dc. i say build a new box for the dc and load up the mtx for now. see how thats gonna sound. i bet when you swap out to the dc you wont be that impressed in difference.

Thats what im scared of....lol

well the overall quality of the DC will blow the mtx out of the water, the dc xl will take WAY more power than the mtx, and IMO DC's sound better than an mtx 9500.

and chewie I will try to find it I think its laying around here somewhere lol

Can someone set me up with a demo in person???I geuss i would have to hear one first....but i am leaning more towards the xl just for power reasons,plus the person that is selling the xl's is giving me a pretty good deal,i think(260 shipped for 1)

you make the trip to gibralter of mt clemens and i will direct swap in my level 4 15.. in your car so you can get a taste..

we can try the dc in your box.. or the box i have for it.. 3.5 cubes at 36 hz

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

you make the trip to gibralter of mt clemens and i will direct swap in my level 4 15.. in your car so you can get a taste..

we can try the dc in your box.. or the box i have for it.. 3.5 cubes at 36 hz

That does sound like a good idea...maybe next weekend?im off fridays and saturdays.

as the dc takes more power itll take more power to get it into its sweet spot. get it??? if your redesigning your whole system thats a different story.

in this game 9x out of 10 power wins. if you just have to spend some money put 2k to the mtx new box and have a coke n smile.

at 1k dc or mtx gonna be so close in sound youll be sick.

as the dc takes more power itll take more power to get it into its sweet spot. get it??? if your redesigning your whole system thats a different story.

in this game 9x out of 10 power wins. if you just have to spend some money put 2k to the mtx new box and have a coke n smile.

at 1k dc or mtx gonna be so close in sound youll be sick.

But i did say i was going to upgrade in amps,i do get where your coming from to about maybe building a nicer box,but the box that it is in now is really solid 1" all the way around with internal bracing.

the efficiency is the number you wanna be lookin at.. and from the looks of it its much lower than the dcs.

the dc level 4 is 89.4db and the mtx is..87 db

the xl is a whopping 93.7

if he wants to do the swap my level 4 is a direct equivilent to his 9500.

my guess is the dc will not only be louder.. but get lower and sound cleaner doing it..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...