Sonic Electronix

I recently built a new box for my L7 15. Once I got it in I had to reconnect the ground wire to a new spot. I got the shit working but then my amp would cut out randomly (was a loose connection) I fixed that and had a new battery put in. when I have my amp connected to the battery it drains my battery in minutes even while the car is running and while I'm driving it. What would cause it to do this? is my alternator having trouble keeping my battery charged? Specs are as listed 15in L7 running on a kenwood 9152 at 900watts. Stock alternator. Ive been running this setup for almost 3 years and have had no problems till now.

check all ur connections again, and if all else fails take the alt to auto zone and have them test it, that could be ur problem.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Check to see if the battery drains without the amp connection. The only things I can think of would be a bad alternator or a dead short (which is unlikely).

Also, verify that your engine ground hasn't fried. Sometimes the corrosion will reduce the effectiveness of the ground and eat up the terminal.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Make sure your amp is cutting off when the car is off. You might be draining the battery enough to where it's about to die but still has enough juice to start the car, then the demand of the amp + electrical is killing it.

i have this same problem with my geo

but for some reason my cap kept draining my battery when i wasn't even driving it at all, and i got the big 3 done to it also with a 75amp alt, and i got a hell of alot bigger system in my truck wit a 70amp alt so i unno wtf is wrong

i would try to unhook the amp n see what happins

or maby a dead cell in ur battery but since u got a new one that's not the case

i would say alt goin bad or try to do teh big 3 n see if that helps

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif