Sonic Electronix

System Install Issues (Radio Goes Into Protect)

Get a second battery for the back and that should help in slowing the voltage drop for now, and then plan on a nice h/o alt down the road as funds open up.

http://www.remybattery.com/Departments/Extreme-Performance-Batteries/Deka-INTIMIDATOR-Battery.aspx

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Where is your ground at? Seat bolt? Body? Frame?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

So, today, I went to my truck to crank it up and the battery was dead. I jumped it off and got it to crank up. I turned the gain down to nominal power and turned the LPF to 100. I turned the MX on and noticed a big difference from the sub (sounds like its barely playing without the MX on). I rode around for about an hour with no more dimming problems. The sub sounds great. I love having a system again, and hopefully there won't be anymore issues. I'm getting a constant 14.1V from the battery, even with music playing. I took out my head unit and all wiring is intact. Until further notice! I think I might have an idea why the battery died: I was tuning my amp without the car on, but in accessory mode. Think that may be it?

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Where is your ground at? Seat bolt? Body? Frame?

In the cargo area of my truck, there are 4 latches that are bolted down to the body of the truck. I took one of them off, scraped off the paint underneath, then put the bolt back through the ground terminal and fastened it.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

On the way to work today, I drove for 30 minutes, no dimming, no loss of power when driving, its great! No problems on the way back home from work either. I love my system and I'm glad to finally have one after 3 years of being bump-less... It's nice to finally be back.

Edited by BluX

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

SANY1381.jpg

This is why you don't get Home Depot to cut your wood. I had drawn out how I wanted the cuts on the sheet of MDF, they were so bad, that on the piece of wood on the side of the box had a foot long cut into the middle of it, like WTF, really? So, I had to redo every single cut... Luckily 5/7 pieces of the wood were oversized and not undersized. Still, what I don't get is that they have a wall saw that has rollers and a laser that guides the cuts and everything. This piece of equipment had to cost at least $5 grand! Ridiculous...

SANY1384.jpg

This is during box construction. The box specs are 4.5 cubic feet after all displacement, tuned to 30Hz. It is my first flush mount, double baffle install. Bracing consists of 7 10.5" 2x4s. There is a ton of glue inside of the box, it's completely sealed, but I felt that the box could have been built better. If Home Depot hadn't fudged up every single cut, then I wouldn't have had to re-trim everything with a borrowed table saw. Some of the cuts were 1/2 an inch too short, so I had to find a way to make everything work. Luckily, it wasn't too bad. I definitely learned a lot of things, one being DO NOT LET HOME DEPOT CUT YOUR WOOD!

SANY1391.jpg

I'm testing everything out for the meantime, but this weekend, the box will be reglued inside and out to cover any possible leaks, slightly modified by trimming excess wood on the side of the port, spray painted black inside of the port, and covered in carpet.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my install.

Edited by BluX

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

did you already fix the problem? ive noticed that with alpine HUs you sometimes need to run a direct power line to the constant 12v i usually use 8g, at least this was the case for my cda9813/9815/7897/ even the newer cda105, they all did this in my camaro and corolla every now and then but in both my friends with civcs it was a constant problem, i never had this problem with any other manufacture

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

i should also note that with these cars the camaro and one of the civics had aftermarket 4ohm speakers and the camaro stopped doing it even without the larger wire when i installed my 400a4

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

So, today, I went to my truck to crank it up and the battery was dead. I jumped it off and got it to crank up. I turned the gain down to nominal power and turned the LPF to 100. I turned the MX on and noticed a big difference from the sub (sounds like its barely playing without the MX on). I rode around for about an hour with no more dimming problems. The sub sounds great. I love having a system again, and hopefully there won't be anymore issues. I'm getting a constant 14.1V from the battery, even with music playing. I took out my head unit and all wiring is intact. Until further notice! I think I might have an idea why the battery died: I was tuning my amp without the car on, but in accessory mode. Think that may be it?

sorry for the 3rd post but yes playing your system with the car off will kill your battery very quick, unless you have kinetics then its really bad for your batteries health, ask me how i know

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

sorry for the 3rd post but yes playing your system with the car off will kill your battery very quick, unless you have kinetics then its really bad for your batteries health, ask me how i know

I'm pretty sure that was the entire problem that I had. Once I got my ride jumped off and charged fully, the problem didn't come back. The radio didn't reset itself or anything. Everything seems to be fine now. We'll see how it goes.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813