Sonic Electronix

So I'm looking at purchasing a fi Q15 Sub and have been planning on how I will build the enclosure. I'm using Bass Box Pro and when I put the parameters in, there are three columns to enter info for either single, series or parallel wiring. I'm unsure which column to put some of them in. The only spec on fi's web site that indicates how it was measured is the Re where it's indicated that it is per coil. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong because when i go to plot the response it looks like something must be way off. There are also small indicators next to each value when you enter them into each field and if they appear to be out of range it turns red. The more stuff I enter for this sub the more of them that turn red. I haven't had this issue using any other sub specs. Just this fi. Am I missing something or does someone have detailed specs they could post for this sub so I can confirm what I have been entering. Thanks for any help.

I'm going with a dual 2 wired parallel and I already know how to wire it but the program asks for different specs depending on how it is wired and I'm trying to find out if the specs they give on the fi web site is measured per coil, series or parallel.

use Torres' calculator, its way easier. BBP6 is for really advanced users. fi already gave you the box size (and tuning probably) and just build around that.

Archived