you will learn from trial & error. Heck you are schooling yourself right now by readin teh forumz, free knowledge FTMFW

O

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

basically, dual core processors can not only process 2 different threads of information at the same time (this is present in a hyper-threading processor) but they can actually process TWICE the information twice as fast. Think of it as a 2 lane highway...one lane for information to travel to the processor, and one back. this would be a single core. Dual core would mean essentially 2 separate processors, (technically 2 separate cores though) so it would be like having TWO 2 lane roads next to eachother. Hyper threading is more like one highway with 4 lanes. 2 for traveling to the processor, and 2 for traveling back. Dual core is more efficient in saving cpu power while operating multiple tasks...i.e burning a dvd or cd while you are surfing the net and playing music. i hope that explains it better if you guys didnt understand the technical description lol.

Edited by kevinb721

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

basically, dual core processors can not only process 2 different threads of information at the same time (this is present in a hyper-threading processor) but they can actually process TWICE the information twice as fast. Think of it as a 2 lane highway...one lane for information to travel to the processor, and one back. this would be a single core. Dual core would mean essentially 2 separate processors, (technically 2 separate cores though) so it would be like having TWO 2 lane roads next to eachother. Hyper threading is more like one highway with 4 lanes. 2 for traveling to the processor, and 2 for traveling back. Dual core is more efficient in saving cpu power while operating multiple tasks...i.e burning a dvd or cd while you are surfing the net and playing music. i hope that explains it better if you guys didnt understand the technical description lol.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

I think that the biggest bottle-neck in the computer is the IDE bus. Anyone of you ever tried burning a DVD while playing a DVD in a separate drive? It sometimes pauses so it can allow for cache-filling.

The PCI bus is another culprit.

Guest MegaloManiac
I think that the biggest bottle-neck in the computer is the IDE bus. Anyone of you ever tried burning a DVD while playing a DVD in a separate drive? It sometimes pauses so it can allow for cache-filling.

The PCI bus is another culprit.

i am always scared to multi task when doing somethin "heavy" like burning a dvd. i usually let the computer do what it needs to. if need be i'll use the laptop to do other things

• 2 weeks later...

Dual core FTMFW, when burning dvds on my old single core processor, it would take 100% and I couldnt do anything on my pc, now it only takes 50% so I can do other things in the freaking 2 hours and 30 min it takes to transcode in nero...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

i am always scared to multi task when doing somethin "heavy" like burning a dvd. i usually let the computer do what it needs to. if need be i'll use the laptop to do other things

whenever i used to multi-task while burning my dvd's, they would either fuck up when i go to watch them and skip all ove rhte place like it missed writing sectors of info onto the disk, or it would just flood my screen with write errors and such...so yeah i do the same thing you do, especially burning large movies/files/etc.

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean