Alright so 4 months ago my stock alt went out on me, and i replaced it with a Db Electrical 2200 at 1200 rpm and 110 at idle. Well it messed up on me twice in 2 months and it did not do rated at all so i said forget it, it cost more for shipping than the actual alt. So after that i was like forget it im not going cheap anymore so i went with mechman Alternators. They had a 270 and 165-or 170 at idle large case alt for my car. So i ordered one and in 2 to 3 days it was on my front porch. I installed it and i got amazing results, The first test was I turned on my AC, Volume 29 out of 33, Bass on, the voltage went from 14.8 to 14.7 at IDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if i rev it it doesn't move at all, Thanks Matt and Mechman for a great alt. My advice to everyone never go cheap on a alternator

edit: btw i also hooked up another amp and those results above was with 3000 watts and with a stock everstart battery

Edited by Toady

I'm awaitin my response from Mechman to see what my options are. Good to hear positive feedback especially since I'm having a hard time getting responses from almost everyone.Good luck with yours.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

just call them. matt is always happy to help. dc power always picks up the phone too.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

dang cool alt man, congrats! so your running that mech alt with just a stock battery or what? i was thinking on getting a 150 amp from them. or should i go bigger?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

dang cool alt man, congrats! so your running that mech alt with just a stock battery or what? i was thinking on getting a 150 amp from them. or should i go bigger?

Yep stock battery!!,and im getting amazing results

I'm awaitin my response from Mechman to see what my options are. Good to hear positive feedback especially since I'm having a hard time getting responses from almost everyone.Good luck with yours.

did you check out mechmans website??

150 is nice, but i would recommend getting the biggest for now and future installs.

Yep stock battery!!,and im getting amazing results

what kinda stock batt.? duralast? and you just have those caps too?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

what kinda stock batt.? duralast? and you just have those caps too?

he said everlast, scroll up, i might hit mechman up due to im going to be joining the bandwagon once i get some cash :D, btw to OP how much that alt run you about?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

he said everlast, scroll up, i might hit mechman up due to im going to be joining the bandwagon once i get some cash :D, btw to OP how much that alt run you about?

cool thanks. yeah im going to look into these alts. they have a 150 amp and a 220 amps for my car.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical