Sonic Electronix

EDIT: sorry 'bout the quality of the next few images.

Then I pegged the bish and spend 45minutes trying to solder the damn terminals, I had to lengthen the tinsel leads, that was what took so long, trying to hold the damn extension in there while trying not to knock it out with the iron and solder <_<

100_5090.jpg

100_5091.jpg

100_5092.jpg

100_5094.jpg

Forgot to put heat shrink on one of them! :angry: So had to bust out the tape.

100_5095.jpg

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

funny, I think I have that identical cone too in my garage

Looks good man

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

man, I have hundreds, if not thousands of parts for 2" - 2.5" coil subwoofer's

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

This is good stuff, except for the crappy pics!

:ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2:

Kidding :lol: Good work man.

Ed and i are going to meter the toyota this weekend, and i'm talking to a guy about trading my toy for a crx.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I bet fed ex would have a flat rate box, and my DD is only getting 45 hz and below, everything from like 50 to 200 or so are non existent, as far as mixing subs goes... there are actually some people who will argue that point. The fact of the matter is 10s don't hit like 12s don't hit like 15s don't hit like 18s

If that makes sense. In my mind 18s and 15s are for way lows, like below 30 hz, and 12s are better for 30-38. Any hz higher is best with a 10.

To further prove the point there is a guy on here that has sa 8s in his doors. Haha.

Edit: OHHHHHHHHHHH New Zealand hahaha yeah thatd be crazy. :lol:

Wrong.

Come on man, are you tripping?

There are 10" subs out there that will wang you in the face at sub-30hz and there are 18s out there that will seriously mess you up at 50-70hz.

Sub size has nothing to do with it. It's about Thielle Small parameters and the box you put it in...

Correct.

I gatta be honest, this is all stuff i have heard. I don't have much experience and i pretty much believe the things that make sense to me. You may be right, i don't doubt that i am wrong.

Good to see you admitted you were wrong, not many people will do that on the forum. That means you want to learn as much as you can and have an open mind. If you have a 8" sub with an FS of 33hz per say, throw that lil thing in its reccomended box and tune to 30 hz and it will get just as low as an 18 tuned to 30 hz, granted it wont be near as loud because the 18" obviously has more cone area but the size of the subwoofer does not determine how low or high it will play. Most of it has to do with the box built and the FS of the sub.

Now if you have a 8" sub with a FS of 46hz and put it in the same box it will still hit lows because you have the box tuned low but it will not get as low with as the sub with the lower FS. Hope this helps :good:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

This is good stuff, except for the crappy pics!

:ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2: :ban2:

Kidding :lol: Good work man.

Ed and i are going to meter the toyota this weekend, and i'm talking to a guy about trading my toy for a crx.

Thanks :) now just time for the box and some other fun with broken subs!

Yeah some are crappy, the camera is ancient and does some weird shit?!?! lol

Cool! I finally get to see the score! :yahoo:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Good to see you admitted you were wrong, not many people will do that on the forum. That means you want to learn as much as you can and have an open mind. If you have a 8" sub with an FS of 33hz per say, throw that lil thing in its reccomended box and tune to 30 hz and it will get just as low as an 18 tuned to 30 hz, granted it wont be near as loud because the 18" obviously has more cone area but the size of the subwoofer does not determine how low or high it will play. Most of it has to do with the box built and the FS of the sub.

Now if you have a 8" sub with a FS of 46hz and put it in the same box it will still hit lows because you have the box tuned low but it will not get as low with as the sub with the lower FS. Hope this helps :good:

Yeah, i'm really sorry for sticking my foot in my mouth. Like i said, i only know what i have read. I have been talking to Ed Lester and i'm learning tons and tons.

Thanks :) now just time for the box and some other fun with broken subs!

Yeah some are crappy, the camera is ancient and does some weird shit?!?! lol

Cool! I finally get to see the score! :yahoo:

Haha, yeah i have good news and bad news about that, expect a thread explaining stuff next week.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived