Sonic Electronix

Yeah, i'm really sorry for sticking my foot in my mouth. Like i said, i only know what i have read. I have been talking to Ed Lester and i'm learning tons and tons.

Haha, yeah i have good news and bad news about that, expect a thread explaining stuff next week.

Speaking of you talking to Ed, can you tell me why the AA SMD's have a double magnet? or is that confidential? lol

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

man, I have hundreds, if not thousands of parts for 2" - 2.5" coil subwoofer's

hmm, my soundstream 10's have a 2.5'' coil lol

anyways good shit on fixing broke subs, ive always wanted to try this, but those terminals are shit, the plug that the tinsel wire goes into started messing up on my natural sound audiobahn 12's i had so i just took the wire out and crimped it onto some 12guage speaker wire and went from there, but good luck wit ur sub, looks like it worked out nicely

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

congrats on fixing the sub man!!!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

hmm, my soundstream 10's have a 2.5'' coil lol

anyways good shit on fixing broke subs, ive always wanted to try this, but those terminals are shit, the plug that the tinsel wire goes into started messing up on my natural sound audiobahn 12's i had so i just took the wire out and crimped it onto some 12guage speaker wire and went from there, but good luck wit ur sub, looks like it worked out nicely

For something that cost me $1 it can't be bad. I'm sure your Soundstreams are better though.

Thanks, it was kinda hard at some points but it worked out. Just search for some blown subs, even from someone on here. Then you can rebuild it into something awesome! Yeah, I'm about to clean out some old 3" PVC for my ports. Making a awesome box tuned to 19.7hz for (almost) flat response down to 20hz! :yahoo:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Speaking of you talking to Ed, can you tell me why the AA SMD's have a double magnet? or is that confidential? lol

It has to do with the perm mags. As everyone knows, they only reach so far and when the coil gets farther from the center of the mag it gets less and less of the power from it. Having two allows the coils to be in optimal position. When one coil is away from the center of the mag then the other is right in the middle, so all the power is getting to the sub and its optimal.

Its a little known secret (not really) but that sub is actually ideal as a SQ driver. Meade just wants it to be a SPL product because well HES MEADE! :lol:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

It has to do with the perm mags. As everyone knows, they only reach so far and when the coil gets farther from the center of the mag it gets less and less of the power from it. Having two allows the coils to be in optimal position. When one coil is away from the center of the mag then the other is right in the middle, so all the power is getting to the sub and its optimal.

Its a little known secret (not really) but that sub is actually ideal as a SQ driver. Meade just wants it to be a SPL product because well HE'S MEADE! :lol:

AAAAAAhhhhhhh. It's symmetric motor drive kinda thing, like JBL use on their flagship sub, or kinda like the RE XXX. Cool 8) ! And with this particular sub, instead of making a clever single magnet they bolted two together. Nice!

Yeah, that design is generally great for SQ, but as you say, it needs to be loud to be worthy of being called the SMD.

AAAAAAhhhhhhh. It's symmetric motor drive kinda thing, like JBL use on their flagship sub, or kinda like the RE XXX. Cool 8) ! And with this particular sub, instead of making a clever single magnet they bolted two together. Nice!

Yeah, that design is generally great for SQ, but as you say, it needs to be loud to be worthy of being called the SMD.

Yeah, i don't understand why people don't make a single mag that is like a foot long, that way if the coil is in the biggle of the mag then the coil always has the same amount of power from the perm mags. I have seen a sub once like that but never again after that.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Yeah, i don't understand why people don't make a single mag that is like a foot long, that way if the coil is in the biggle of the mag then the coil always has the same amount of power from the perm mags. I have seen a sub once like that but never again after that.

Probably cause it takes up too much space, weighs a ton and costs many monies. But it would look freking awesome. You should check out the Parthenon, it was a motor the used neodymium magnets and could get 5.5"s of rear excursion before it bottomed out, but the forwards excursion was only limited by what type of spider you had on it. But pretty much 6"s of xmax with the standard spider. It was designed to be hooked up to a 48" by 48" square plate that would be used as a cone. Only 3 were made though :(

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Parthenon+subwoofer

Probably cause it takes up too much space, weighs a ton and costs many monies. But it would look freking awesome. You should check out the Parthenon, it was a motor the used neodymium magnets and could get 4"s of rear excursion before it bottomed out, but the forwards excursion was only limited by what type of spider you had on it. So pretty mush 8"s of total excursion. It was designed to be hooked up to a 48" by 48" square plate that would be used as a cone. Only 3 were made though :(

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Parthenon+subwoofer

Yeah, i have seen that! That was the coolest thing i had seen in a long time. It had potential to go down to 1 Hert.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived