7k watts rms

Is this enough?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is that electrical good enough?

• You're all set
    • Get more batteries
    • Get multiple alternators
    • Answers 2 & 3

Yes, I believe he has 3 350 amp alts and a 220 amp alt. Many companies have more for GM vehicles

yeah much more easier electrical to work with, thats why im debating if i should get a nice fast turbo 240sx or a bagged s10..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Would the 320 amp alt, a s3400 for a starter, and 3 d3100s keep the voltage above 13.8 volts on about 5000watts rms

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Would the 320 amp alt, a s3400 for a starter, and 3 d3100s keep the voltage above 13.8 volts on about 5000watts rms

No. You could have 500 batteries and the voltage would not stay above 13.8

As soon as you go above 13.8 all the power is coming from your alt. 5000wrms = ~650A realistically.

Where's the poll option for 2 good batteries, an aftermarket alt and throw your voltage gauge in the bin because if your amp isn't in protect then voltage isn't all that important? That's just my take on it.

10 volts for LIFE :peepwall:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

As soon as you go above 13.8 all the power is coming from your alt. 5000wrms = ~650A realistically.

Where's the poll option for 2 good batteries, an aftermarket alt and throw your voltage gauge in the bin because if your amp isn't in protect then voltage isn't all that important? That's just my take on it.

I understand your logic in this but wouldn't you want the voltage as high as safely possible?

Higher Voltage = More power from the amps

edit-spelling

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I'd rather not have my system at 10 volts which is why I'm asking about batteries. I don't want the system to barely get bye, nor do I want my amps to be 300 degrees.

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

I understand your logic in this but wouldn't you want the voltage as high as safely possible?

Higher Voltage = More power from the amps

edit-spelling

I don't want my voltage below 12.5 volts. Also, I want my system to get the power with the higher voltage. Do you think those upgrades (320 amp alt, an s3400 for a starter, and 3 d3100s in the battery bank) would be good for about 5kwrms

LMFAO so true

For my atomic 7k I got mla 4 batteries 270Sp dcpower alty and 4 runs... All though I haven't hooked a

it up yet.. But I think you should be fine

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

yeah i forgot about that. whatll really help is the mla module. the thing that can make your volts go up to 15.. thatll really help man.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah i forgot about that. whatll really help is the mla module. the thing that can make your volts go up to 15.. thatll really help man.

Your just talking out of your ass. If you can fit more alts do it, but you should be fine with everything you listed.

Archived