Sonic Electronix

anybody use the ipod spl meter

lol; next time you wanna waste a dollar; go to mcdonalds.

or send me a dollar in the mail.

lol its in the mail pthrift

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

so any body in the dfw area have a tl. lol

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

lol its in the mail pthrift

sweet. mcd's double cheese here i come.

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

Hey if ya find any more for the driod that are actually good please post :)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

There was already a topic about this. I have had my iPod jail broken and never really took advantage of it till I heard of this. I downloaded 2 apps, "Pocket RTA" which was completely garbage. Then I downloaded "RTA" by Studio Six Designs, after a little bit of tweaking I was able to get it to read .2db higher or lower than what I know for a fact I hit on the TL during a burp. Only problem with it though, is that it measures all the way to 16k hertz (oh yeah btw, this meter chart goes up to 240 db, even though it's not going to happen..it still has it that high). So since it measures all the way up to 16k hertz, you can forget about metering while playing music, since it will read out the highest db it is being touched at, regardless of what hertz. So if you calibrate it in a vehicle that already knows what it is hitting on a TL doing a burp, it will be accurate within .2 db higher/lower.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

i guess people dont get why the TL is the basis for metering

it isnt in the software and therefore cannot be duplicated on a phone.

the microphone is the key. you see a microphone is essentially the opposite of a speaker. instead of turning electrical waves into mechanical movent and then into vibrational sound waves, the microphone is hit by the sound waves which causes it to move thus creating an electrical signal. that signal is then processed and a dB reading is spat out in the software.

now the reason why the TL is expensive and the standard for audio levels is because it is quality. it can be inversely compared to speakers like, rainbow, focal hertz and other high dollar SQ type speakers.

so unless your phone has a mic that is of extremely high quality (which none of them are) you cant get an accurate reading

** now dont get confused and think the software is useless, the software is a big part of the system but not as big as the mic itself.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

There was already a topic about this. I have had my iPod jail broken and never really took advantage of it till I heard of this. I downloaded 2 apps, "Pocket RTA" which was completely garbage. Then I downloaded "RTA" by Studio Six Designs, after a little bit of tweaking I was able to get it to read .2db higher or lower than what I know for a fact I hit on the TL during a burp. Only problem with it though, is that it measures all the way to 16k hertz (oh yeah btw, this meter chart goes up to 240 db, even though it's not going to happen..it still has it that high). So since it measures all the way up to 16k hertz, you can forget about metering while playing music, since it will read out the highest db it is being touched at, regardless of what hertz. So if you calibrate it in a vehicle that already knows what it is hitting on a TL doing a burp, it will be accurate within .2 db higher/lower.

so thats on the ipod touch? did you use a ext mic?

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

i guess people dont get why the TL is the basis for metering

it isnt in the software and therefore cannot be duplicated on a phone.

the microphone is the key. you see a microphone is essentially the opposite of a speaker. instead of turning electrical waves into mechanical movent and then into vibrational sound waves, the microphone is hit by the sound waves which causes it to move thus creating an electrical signal. that signal is then processed and a dB reading is spat out in the software.

now the reason why the TL is expensive and the standard for audio levels is because it is quality. it can be inversely compared to speakers like, rainbow, focal hertz and other high dollar SQ type speakers.

so unless your phone has a mic that is of extremely high quality (which none of them are) you cant get an accurate reading

** now dont get confused and think the software is useless, the software is a big part of the system but not as big as the mic itself.

Well obviously the mic itself is a huge part of the operation, or else there would be a ton of other companies running around selling meters for extremely cheap and accurate. Not bashing you or anything, but it is obvious that is true. The only thing I am saying though, is that I was able to recreate the program to duplicate what the TL read out for me (only a .2 db difference). After that I decided to test it in other vehicles, and each vehicle it was .2db off. I am in no way, shape, or form saying this is an alternative to a TL, but.... IMO it is a good application to use to just get a ROUGH idea of what you are hitting, and seeing how changing certain things either help you, or hurt you.

so thats on the ipod touch? did you use a ext mic?

Yes it was on the iPod touch, and the microphone I used was the ones straight from apple that have the built in mic.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Well obviously the mic itself is a huge part of the operation, or else there would be a ton of other companies running around selling meters for extremely cheap and accurate. Not bashing you or anything, but it is obvious that is true. The only thing I am saying though, is that I was able to recreate the program to duplicate what the TL read out for me (only a .2 db difference). After that I decided to test it in other vehicles, and each vehicle it was .2db off. I am in no way, shape, or form saying this is an alternative to a TL, but.... IMO it is a good application to use to just get a ROUGH idea of what you are hitting, and seeing how changing certain things either help you, or hurt you.

Yes it was on the iPod touch, and the microphone I used was the ones straight from apple that have the built in mic.

so which app was it and yu say yu used it with the apple headphones with the built in mic??

so which app was it and yu say yu used it with the apple headphones with the built in mic??

It was the application called "RTA" by Studio Six Designs. And yes I used the apple headphones with the built in microphone. But it's not just a plug-n-play application. It took me roughly about an hour to calibrate it to duplicate what the TL read out.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived