How To Run 16 Volts?

well i was going to do like a voltage step down and send just 14 volts to my main battery and 17 to the ones for the system, but you guys are scaring me lol i may just stick with 14 everywhere

i dont think u can do that unless u are running 2 different alts. i know of people who have ran dual alts...a regular 14volt alt for their starting battery and stock electronics and then a seperate 16volt alt. for thier system, which also consisted of the proper 16v batteries. but i dont think u can send 2 different voltages out from the same alt.

not trying to scare u, but its more complicated then u think! u really should know whats going on when doing a 16volt setup...and i dont have a clue, thats why i stick with 14volts.

Edited by amatt85

i likes me some audio stuff...

at least you're doing your research before just doing it. saves a lot of pain and agony

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 2 weeks later...
well yea im gonna stick to 14 lol maybe upgrade later

If you have a 16v alt, and your amp will handle up to 18v, then you can use voltage step down modules to charge the front batt and run the 12v components.

Check PN 993 at the bottom of the page: http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/16v_...ry_charger.html

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

If you have a 16v alt, and your amp will handle up to 18v, then you can use voltage step down modules to charge the front batt and run the 12v components.

Check PN 993 at the bottom of the page: http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/16v_...ry_charger.html

Thats what I was thinking.. Anyone know what the t20001bds and t15004 can handle? 18 volts or no?

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!