Sonic Electronix

using an eq how to set gains

this is my eq http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion+EQS746.html it has seperate main volume and sub volume.

ama use a dmm and most likely an o scope if i get access to 1.

this is what ama do please tell me if am doing it right .. am going use a 50hz test tone and set my headunit at 75% volume (everything else at 0 like low,mid,high, and loud is off) and the eq volume also at 75%

now my question is were do i set the sub knob on my clarion eq at 0 or also at 75% and also were do i put the bass knob on my sub amp remote 0 or 75% ? sorry 4 da ?'s but I is a noob lol we all were once. if i left out any info ask

cowboys_logo.gif

im interested in this one too, so i'm paying attention as well :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I'm not sure on any of this exept for if you are using a knob for your bass make sure that it is all the way up when your tuning it...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Ok, here's the break down. In this situation, a DMM is damn near worthless so you'll need to get an o-scope.

You can't just pick volumes and run one tone to set an eq. You would have to start with the HU on two different tones like 50hZ and 1000hZ. You would measure your max volume before clipping on both of those frequencies, and choose the lower one to be your base.

From there, you would have to measure the eq output. You will need every band frequency to do it right and set a standard (before adjusting lower to level out your plot). Run your eq flat on the same frequencies you used for the hu and measure the 'max' volume before clipping. Some eq's are powered and some aren't so it'll really depend on your application.

Have every band on a CD at your "max" volumes, then test each one on the corresponding adjustment. Once that's done, you can go to your amps and use the 50hZ and 1000hZ again to set them, then lower freqs on your EQ to get the sound you are looking for.

Just a quick run down, but I don't think I left anything out.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Archived