My brother & I threw together a last minute setup into my '05 Altima for a competition yesterday. It consists of a pair of TeamRF 12s in a 4ft box w/ a pair of 4" aeros tuned to 40hz powered by a pair of Hifonics BX2005Ds. We didn't have time for any test & tune to dial it in correctly but it hit 143db. Heres the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TeamRF 12" vs HX2 12"

Posted Image

Got wire?

Posted Image

RF 2/0

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting everything wired.

Posted Image

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

not bad. now you all just have to clean the wires up and you'll be set along with working on hitting a higher score

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

In the last pic we were in no way done. There were two Optima Yellowtops left to get installed & I forgot to take anymore pics afterward. This was really a last minute thing. We literally threw this together in the trunk, drove to the show, finished hooking up the little stuff in the parking lot, and competed. That night it all got pulled back out.

I say you need more power in every aspect.

Yeah, these amps are totally over-rated. 2000watts my ass. I'm thinking somewhere closer to 1500watts. They're still a great buy for the money and push these subs decent @ 0.7ohms. I've hit a 146.7 in my Yukon with the exact same amps & subs but in a different box. I believe this setup has a 145+ in it with the proper tuning.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

do you have any kind of linedriver in your setup?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Not at the moment. We tried an Overdrive with these amps, but they didn't like it.

heck i got an audiocontrol 3.1 on my 1500ds and they love it, the only problem at first was the amps kept going into protect, i had to cut the gains down and since then they've been fine. try the 3.1 bro. it's a keeper

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Thats the same problem we had with the Overdrive. It could only be slightly turned up or the amps would go into protect no matter what the gains were set at. This was using an RF RAVDVD head unit. We also didn't notice any gain in spl on the TL so it got pulled from the system. In my Altima though I'm using a Pac Audio TrunkLOC so maybe an increase in voltage would help. Its something to try next time.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived