mason313 Posted July 28, 2010 Report Posted July 28, 2010 How you like the mechman alt ? 2 18" fi btls 2 sprinter batts 165ah 1 cresenscdo 3k 1 mechman 270a 1 kinetik 2000 under hood
UnderLoK Posted July 28, 2010 Author Report Posted July 28, 2010 How you like the mechman alt ? So far so good! Mechman appears to use better parts. The pickups are bigger, stater looks beefier, etc. They also have a bunch of 270's in stock so it flew out the door. I didn't even know he had shipped it yet and it was at my door Lastly by my touch-o-meter it actually feels cooler than the Iraggi did, but I have no proof of that. He also rebuilt my one Iraggi and it was way beefier when it came back. I can play it full blast with the subs set low enough to barely blur the vision and my volts don't drop at all which is slick. Hopefully these amps don't really draw the full 300a and are doing 250'ish because if that is the case I will be able to run full tilt once the other one goes in at 14+. I went to my buddies shop to see about them doing some fab work on my dual alt bracket too. I have to slap it on and go back up there so they can measure stuff out. I guess the reason the DC bracket works with an LS2 is ONLY IF you get a DC alt with a smaller mounting bracket (the one bracket on their alt must be smaller) which then fits between the alt bracket and the filler cap. The stock AD244 (or DR44 for that matter) is about .5" too long. Need to go take some pictures of all the extra crap in my garage and get some FS goin so I can afford a MLA. I wonder which jackass it was? Actually, I know...but I don't want to put Brian's dumb ass on blast. Ooops. I have no doubt you could do 150+ with everything in and working, but I don't know if I would trust that number either. They've been known to unplug the termlab (on purpose or accident; who knows?), which gives a false reading right in that 154-156 range... In any case, I'm glad it's slowing coming back together, and hopefully no more issues! haha Yea, well, it's not like he did it on purpose He didn't unplug anything, but again I won't believe that until I'm able to repeat it. I moved the box back more towards the seats to try and raise the tuning a bit which will help some and hopefully I'll have the other alt in within the next week or two and can test again. Sexy TBSS Thanks mang! Would look better if the forking amp blowing and alt problems didn't blow the extra cash I had set aside for some rims If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
mason313 Posted July 28, 2010 Report Posted July 28, 2010 I think I'm gunna go with the 270 mechman 2 18" fi btls 2 sprinter batts 165ah 1 cresenscdo 3k 1 mechman 270a 1 kinetik 2000 under hood
red_cavi03 Posted July 28, 2010 Report Posted July 28, 2010 Nice build. It's comin together finally. just went through all 8 pages and you have been to hell and back! Shit should bang hard. 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER 2 FI BL 18's/ Replacing Soon Sundown Saz 4500D Iraggi 320mp alt PIONEER AVIC N2 Soon to be Running 7batts WALLED My you tube channel
UnderLoK Posted July 29, 2010 Author Report Posted July 29, 2010 I think I'm gunna go with the 270 mechman I can't say who is better or worse, but what I can say is that if you call Matthew from Mechman he answers the phone, returns calls, and even responds to emails. Nice build. It's comin together finally. just went through all 8 pages and you have been to hell and back! Shit should bang hard. Thanks man! If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
mason313 Posted July 29, 2010 Report Posted July 29, 2010 Yea that's mostly what I like about it. I haven't heard one good thing about irragi at all lol 2 18" fi btls 2 sprinter batts 165ah 1 cresenscdo 3k 1 mechman 270a 1 kinetik 2000 under hood
windycitygtp Posted July 29, 2010 Report Posted July 29, 2010 nice build GtP Learning more about car audio everyday on smd first real build coming smd current noob setup 2-15 cvx sealed prefab soundstream 4ch rf bd1000 crunch 6.5 comps
Deschain420 Posted July 29, 2010 Report Posted July 29, 2010 If you're going to correct someone, use the proper word form Sexy TBSS It was a typo; I meant slowly, and the next word was coming...so apparently I typed "slowing" and didn't notice it. And I wasn't correcting anyone, unless I missed something? That said, I came back to see if he went to the show, and saw your reply...and I don't know if you're just having a little bit of fun (which is cool), or being one of the many ass-hats/trolls on here/online that can't seem to help but try and be a dick about things.
UnderLoK Posted August 4, 2010 Author Report Posted August 4, 2010 Now my 4 channel is overheating even with the floor ac (front and rear) banging on it... Need to look into that today (loose wire or something possibly). No biggie as I needed to yank the seat and put it in 2 channel mode at 2 ohms anyways. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
El1T3Bass Posted August 24, 2010 Report Posted August 24, 2010 damn man, i just read through it all and youve been through alot of shit!!! you have a fuckin sick blaza and system, just sucks that youve had so many problems!! id love an update and maybe some more pics of that sweet caddy wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.