Sonic Electronix

Another question, may or may not be nooby.

My name is chris, log story short i was giving my friends demos yesterday and i had it at about 90% (the system) for a good 20 mins or so. The amp never shut off or got warmer than it usually does. The sub is not getting rated power and i have never had trouble with how it sounds. Ever since then every time i push it, it sounds like it bottoms out. The sub is still extremely stiff and sounds amazing when i am just coasting.

So basically what i am wondering is, is there any reason it would bottom out?

My gains are set by a dmm , and personally it sounds better sq wise than anything i have heard before.

Please ask me questions or help me find answers because i don't have a clue it seems.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

clipped signal, or maybe you bottomed it out really hard when you were pushin it hard and the VC smashed on the bottom so now its scrapin when you're pushing it.

Signal is fine, it always has been. I really hope the former isn't bent =[ i can't don't have money to recone.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Did you change the subsonic? Might want to double check where it is and move it a bit higher till it stops bottoming out on you.

My am doesn't have a subsonic. Just a lpf i have it set to 40 because the box is tuned to 33hz. Idk what to do =[

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Might want to add one of these then so you can atleast control the subsonic. It is more than likely the suspension that loosened up and is now letting it bottom out on you.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18562_Hifonics+Maxxsonics+MX-3.html

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Just figured out what was wrong, without a doubt.

I just played a 33hz tone and went back, put my ear in the port and the sub sounded fine even with the rattling sound going strong.

I put some weight (my hand pushing) onto the top of the box and the rattling went away.

Bottom line, box came apart.

Brings that quote in that one guys sig meaning to me. "build it to break it and if it breaks you didn't build it good enough."

Thanks guys for the help.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Good that you found the problem. I've had the same thing happen before and it sounded like it was the sub as well.

Yeah it scared me a good bit, i paid more for the sub than i did on anything else in the car.

Hey im curious, what does the subsonic even do i don't entirely understand.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

when you fix the box you might wanna put metal rod's throug it so that wont happen again or have some kinda braceing just trying to help :) hope u get it fixed soon

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol