Sonic Electronix

i have a 1998 buick century im gonna be running i FI 15" BTL but i was afarid i might not get no air flow from my trunk cabin. what should i do port the rear deck to get the air flow as if my seats let down? or just put another set of 6x9's in the rear deck? whould my bass still sound ok by not making my rear deck an port? im so confused!!!!

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

Do you have any speakers on the rear deck that you can take out and put them in another location? Thats what i did with my 6x9s in the rear deck. I put them in a box on my floor and it increases air flow from my trunk significantly.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

First off, what kind of car?

My 89 Lincoln Town Car had a layer of steel across the back seats and the rear deck. What I did was measure very carefully where I wanted some aeroports, cut the fabric hole, then cut the steel away until the port fit snugly. It made a very big difference.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Do you have any speakers on the rear deck that you can take out and put them in another location? Thats what i did with my 6x9s in the rear deck. I put them in a box on my floor and it increases air flow from my trunk significantly.

no i would have to keep them in i guess ill just have to port in between my 6x9's

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

First off, what kind of car?

My 89 Lincoln Town Car had a layer of steel across the back seats and the rear deck. What I did was measure very carefully where I wanted some aeroports, cut the fabric hole, then cut the steel away until the port fit snugly. It made a very big difference.

[/

oh ok i wish i could do that, but i got kids so i can't do nothing to my back seats

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

Why dont you fabricate something that will allow your seat to come down? -Also- Meca allows you to unbolt or un clip your seat so it can lay down like a factory foldable seat would. Sooooo? think about it? I always wanted to make a sealed trunk car with the subs facing forward so all the pressure is inside the cabin.

i just ported my rear deck using four 4" aero ports and it made a huge difference compared to when i had my subs face up port up in the trunk. no comparison really. i have a 07 impala and my seats don't fold down either, i just ported my rear deck and removed the factory insulation between the back seat and the trunk, sealed everything around my box up and put my seat back in sounds very good. just do some measuring and see if you have the room to port the deck if so go for it, you won't be disappointed.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

i just ported my rear deck using four 4" aero ports and it made a huge difference compared to when i had my subs face up port up in the trunk. no comparison really. i have a 07 impala and my seats don't fold down either, i just ported my rear deck and removed the factory insulation between the back seat and the trunk, sealed everything around my box up and put my seat back in sounds very good. just do some measuring and see if you have the room to port the deck if so go for it, you won't be disappointed.

ok thanks that's what ill do

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

Hey man, did you seal the entire trunk up too? I mean like every nook and cranny of the trunk? Also did you make your rear deck more solid and sturdy? JW...trying to get ideas for a trunk car. I was thinking subs forward into the cabin of the car and then port into cabin too. I was going to seal up the entire back of car too. Idk? tell me what you think?

Archived