newbie needs help with 2 Fi Q 12's

thomasb

do you think two 3ft. cubes would fit in the back of a x3?

i wont have to get anouther battery for this system will I?

if so, i would rather go with 2 10's im trying to make it as simple as possible.

If you run the subs in a sealed enclosure, you'd only need around 3 cubes for the pair.

I doubt you'd be able to do 6 cubes in your vehicle unless the enclosure is built in-trunk. People do this all the time.

Yes, you'll need a second battery or a single battery under the hood that can handle the stress of an extra 2,000 watts on your electrical system. You'd need to do the big 3 upgrade, and a high output alternator might be needed too.

Buying 10" Fi Q's would only save room in your trunk. They'd still need the same amount of power as a pair of 12"s.

You don't have to run a pair of subs. If you don't have the room for a pair of subs or the budget to accomodate electrical upgrades, go with something more modest. To be honest, a single 12" or 15" Q would do nicely.

You can't fix stupid

okay, so if i did the one 15" i wouldnt need to do all the extra electronical ups?

if thats the case, then sorry but again.

what size box

what amp

and how many ohms.

thx again your alot of help.

If you do run a single 15" Q, buy the 2 ohm dvc model and wire it to 1 ohm. The Audioque AQ1200D would power it nicely. As for the enclosure, you'll need 2 - 2.5 cubes sealed or 3 - 4.0 cubes ported at around 33 or 34Hz...

You can't fix stupid

There's nothing wrong with that, although I don't know why'd you want to tune so low, but there's nothing wrong with running them sealed either.

They get straight nasty that low. :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

on their website i dont see an option for the dvc model. maybe im retated.

is that the 15" you would go wit, the Fi Q?

Retated? Hmmm.

The options for the Fi Q are dual 1 and dual 2. It's the first thing on the list of options. You couldn't possibly overlook it...

You can't fix stupid

OP, you could also take a look at the DC Audio Level 4 and the Incriminator Audio Flatlyne & Death Row.

All nice subs...

You can't fix stupid

Archived