lol yea , i did the pic in here because of the van and vinyl, but i have another thread about it, she knew what it was without me telling her... shes a dirty ole woman :lol:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well i got the drivers door glassed, still have to bondo and smooth it out for paint...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well i ran home and did a quick coat of bondo on the pod attaced to the door, i used bondo glass because of the glass fibers in the bondo , and because i couldnt get my hands on kitty hair...

i have it all bondod up and its dryin at the house , and when my ole lady gets home im on my way home to sand it and put a coat of paint on it as well as beggin to glass up the passengers side door....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ok i got the drivers door bondo'd and painted with a base coat.... i need to order more vinyl so i can place the vinyl and then paint it offwhite and remove the vinyl and have black vinyl where they were placed, but all and all the doors are ready for the speakers and wire, plus i have to deaden the door and reattach the panel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

well i had the passenger side mocked up and didnt want the weekend to pass and not have it atleast glassed up so i pulled it off and began the glassing of the passenger side door as well....

first i loose laid the fabric over the mockup to ensure it was long and wide enough

Posted Image

then i stapled all the way across the top where the glass ends

Posted Image

then i held my hand on each hole to ensure i could cover the hole and have enough stretch in the fabric and stapled it

Posted Image

then i stole the idea i seen from groundpounder and wraped circles with foil and screwd them over the rings, and MAKE SURE YOU COVER THE SCREW WITH FOIL< its a bitch to get a screw out with resin in the slots lol... learned the hard way

Posted Image

Posted Image

laid my first layer of resin over the whole thing and moved fast doing so because of the large area i was working with.

Posted Image

then after about 5 minutes of leting the first layer to tack up i laid the glass chop matt over the whole thing, over laying where stress points are located or get the most abuse

Posted Image

and did another coat over the glass matt and thats where i stand rite now waiting for it to dry so i can do another coat of resin and then another coat of glass and then one more resin , then ill start to sand and bondo to finish it up

Posted Image

well went out and it was hard enough but still a little tacky, so i didnt have to sand it to do the next layer,

i had some rather large air bubbles in the glass matt so i took a drill bit and drilled a hole into them so the new layer of resin would get in the hole and stiffen it up

Posted Image

Posted Image

coverd it all with another layer of resin, then applied another coat of glass matt

Posted Image

then i coverd it again with another coat of resin

Posted Image

ill let that tack up and go out there and push on it and see how stiff it is, if i have any flex in the materal at all i will apply another coat of resin and matt and one more resin

so far its as follows on resin and glass,

1 bass materal, 1 resin, 1 glass matt, 1 resin,1 resin, 1 glass matt, 1 resin

so 5 coats of resin and 2 coats of glass matt,

and by the end it may have 7 resin, and 3 matt coats....

ty ty ty, im surpriseing myself with this project, normaly i would get tired of it and cut every corner to just get it over with, but im takeing my time and doing it as good as i possibly can.

lol and goddam its expensive, so far its 2 gallons of resin, $70.00

3 paacks of glass mat $18.00

2 cans bondo glass $32.00

bondo spreaders $5.00

3 extra things of mekp $15.00

pack of 100 gloves $5.00

pack of chip brushes $8.00

pack of 60, 80 and 220 sand paper $27.00

fabric for base $4.00

mdf $21.00

jasper jigs $60.00

new door clips $15.00

spray paint $13.00

total=$293.00

and i have no clue as to how many actual hours labor

humm forgot the 6 tubes of 1minute epoxy for the dowels $30.00

so far thats around $323 or say 330 to be safe

Looks good, gonna be loud as fawk, your ears are gonna melt off haha.

And I'm guessing you didn't kick the habbit, I spy an entire box worth of cigarette butts in almost every pic lol. I'm smoking again too tho =\

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Archived