I had one of my 4ks go up on me- I was letting it drop to 11v or so some times though :unsure:

With that formula were you supposed to figure in efficiency? Like:

12v x250a = 3000/.5 = 6000 x efficiency of 70%= 4200w, which is still not right imo.

Maybe I'm wrong lol.

I've been reading through your thread for about 1/2 an hour- an hour, and I can't find where you said what type of alt you have? Do you run everything (cars electrical) off the 15.8v? I was debating buying iraggi or powermaster, but powermasters alts have internal voltage regulators. Thanks for the advice bro.

Mean looking van- I learned how to drive on an e-150 lol. You mentioned how people don't expect what's inside- my dad used to pick me up in this old rusted van and when people looked in- suprise- it was still junk lol.

You've done some really good work :) .

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

lol... im glad you mentioned eff, no amp is 100% eff and 70 % is a fair number IMO hell even 65% is a great number, but dam thats still alot of power out of a 2500 watt amp lol.... and i was told with it being a ?unregulated power sup. it makes more power with the higher the voltage you feed it?....

but all of my alts are excessive amperage and at the moment everything is running off that one alt at 16.1 max voltage, i had both alts on there and took my green one off due to gas price on my trip to sbn and havent had the chance to put it back on yet..

and my dad as well use to have a turd of a old car, i think it was a "AMC" station wagon lol rusted out faded red and smoked all to be damed, he would pick me and my brother up from school in with with a shit load of wood on the roof that he would get from work...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Okay, great. I was worried about what would happen if I ran my entire car around 15.5-16v all the time, but I guess I might give it a shot.

My dad never cared much for keeping appearances, and he loved those vans for some reason. Once a year-ish he'd have us wash them to keep them from rusting when they'd get mud caked on all over- and moss growing on top lol.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

amen to blowing tweets, thats the main issue with my system now is the tweets (prolly user error) couldnt hold up under an all day slam fest in daytona, so a few tweets and 6.5s are shot, but the midbass all seem fine but the tweets failed...

i buy all the audio in my van from all wired for sound in milton fla. my buddie chris owns it and i like haveing a shop 10 mins from my house to hang out at while i should be at work so i try to support him 110%

its cool to have friends with shops retail prices suck :lol:
smdsig2.jpg

its cool to have friends with shops retail prices suck

it has its perks, like a nice place to hang out when i should be at work, and i do get a better price on things but i still pay lol and i get my stuff cheaper than i could online surpriseing enough,....

Okay, great. I was worried about what would happen if I ran my entire car around 15.5-16v all the time, but I guess I might give it a shot.

My dad never cared much for keeping appearances, and he loved those vans for some reason. Once a year-ish he'd have us wash them to keep them from rusting when they'd get mud caked on all over- and moss growing on top lol.

well i would be careful with the 15-16 v depening on how new the car is, older ones is fine, ingiton coils love high voltage and so do the starters, and my headlights... wow lol....

ill have to get a pic of the roof of my van, hasnt been washed since sept 06 when i went to nopi lol... god i love my turd, i dont worry about each ding or scratch i put on it, let someone else harm it and im ready to stap someone in the eye lol.. :wacko:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well its been a few days since ive bumped the ole turd lol

well its nothing perm. im only takeing this pice on a test run, and will take it out monday and swap it out for a strick line driver ( i do belive but i might not lol who knows)

but the item is a memphis bass2.2 enhancer and it costs rite at around 150-170 dollars depnding on how a few diff things lol....

ill give a run down on it before the pictures,

its supposed to work like the epicenter and reproduce the bass lost in sound tracks or help give bass to them songs that orignaly didnt have much or any at all...

it has a wide and sweep adjustment (not sure on the purpose lol above my audio scope)

inside the thing there is a row of pins and hz notes, you take some jumpers and put them on the proper hz seting , and they recomend useing the hz note thats as close to the tuneing of your box, then it has a line voltage selector from 2.5 v -10v rca output, then it has a ground thing for if you have alt noise you can change the ground to help reduce or remove the noise, and also it has balanced or un balanced rca inputs...

and a wired remote deal.

well it is nifty little thing, but not what i can use i dont think, most of my songs are full of bass orignaly so i had to search for some near bass less songs to use the unit, and when i played with it on a song full of bass it just made my subs flutter around and move massive air but no sound, so the remote was all way down to prevent the flutter...

now on a song with little to no bass the unit made them songs come alive

was real neat, with remote all way down it was a bass less song, and as i turned the remote the bass started to increase and was real nice....

but overall i noticed no increase in my subs output, so im a little stuck as to rather a line driver will help my mojo reach its peak output....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

well i was home all weekend and decided to do some suspension mods to the ole turd,

went to autozone and used my rewards card that i had 20 dollars on, and got some cheap helper springs for the rear, ive wanted to try them for a while but didnt want to waste the money on them, but then i seen them being used on a car show on speed chanle and figured if they can make em work so could i lol, well they were only 25 dollars for the pair (rear set) and supposed to be 1500lbs helpers. real simple to put on, only need a jack that can jack up the whole car and let the wheels leave the ground, put in a rivit pin, and 2 nuts and 1 bolt and your done, and thats the same on both sides, set the car down and see if its the height you want, and you can move it around to get the height you want...

well i want my van to ride like a ford e350 van all jacked up and shit like bob perlos (sp) van

well after doing the task i have aprox 2.5 extra inches of clearance on the rear and a extra 1.75 on the front (dont know how the front came up but it did)

so now i have to make a trip to the junk yard to snag the front coils out of a ambulance or e350 van or the like to jack the front up

all and all im happy with the lift i got off the cheap helpers, and with my wall and tools my van would sit almost atop the tire with no room now there is room

Posted Image

orignal height (doesnt show much)

Posted Image

and with the helpers in place, (cant tell in the pics much but in the day light you can see )

Posted Image

well i got a new toy for the van today, i just recived a memphis mclass 300.4 for my mids and highs, i know im takeing a cut in power but not that much and now i have all memphis in the van , mids/highs. subs and amps... im a happy camper, might sell it to help buy the 500.4 to get back up to the power to feed everything rms. but i dont know as of yet..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Archived