Sonic Electronix

Hey guy so recently i was given the oppurtunity to purchase a 12inch titanium elite woofer from phoenix gold. I am currently running p1000bd to my 13.5 W7 in a sealed box.

So my question is should i purchase the TI Elite and get a box built? or just stick with the 13 W7 and get a ported box built? Also how does the TI Elite compare to the JL W7?

2000 Mercedes ML 55 Amg

Panasonic Double-Din

JL 13.5 W7 sealed box

Rockford P10001bd(PEQ Bass Knob)

Mb Quart DSH 216 Components(Fronts)

Mb Quart DSG 213 Coax(Rear)

Jl 300/4(HIGHS)

Personally I dislike JL Audio for many reasons but if you like them and you paid for your W7 I suggest getting a ported box for the W7 with dead exact tuning/dimensions of what they require to bring the best out in the sub. Maybe one of there H.O. Wedge enclosures?

Derp.

Okay, as far as the Elite goes, I'am very familiar with them, wont say why ;)

The Elite was made to compete with the JL w7

The Elite does handle more power, has more excursion, and then of course the fancy little LEDs

The Elite has less issues than the w7s, like the cone separation, and lead issues the W7s have

I think the Elite will last longer, take more power, and have better more solid lows, with a MMS of almost 1000grams, 4" peak to peak excursion, and 9" spiders the lows better kill right?

w7s I do think are more solid in the 30 - 45hz range, while the Elite is better in the 25 - 35hz range

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Personally I dislike JL Audio for many reasons but if you like them and you paid for your W7 I suggest getting a ported box for the W7 with dead exact tuning/dimensions of what they require to bring the best out in the sub. Maybe one of there H.O. Wedge enclosures?

Lol i paid 300 for the W7 problem is they dont make an h.o box for that size :(, but i might just try a new box

2000 Mercedes ML 55 Amg

Panasonic Double-Din

JL 13.5 W7 sealed box

Jl 300/4(HIGHS)

Lol i paid 300 for the W7 problem is they dont make an h.o box for that size :(, but i might just try a new box

Forever, i might actually buy the Ti elite cause im getting it for 150, so i might as well try it. Do you think i can run a rockford p1000bd and power that sub?

2000 Mercedes ML 55 Amg

Panasonic Double-Din

JL 13.5 W7 sealed box

Jl 300/4(HIGHS)

annareact2.gif

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

no problem at all with that power, dont forget Dual 3ohms, so its 1.5ohms ran in parr

When the subs were $299 on blow out on some website, I WANTED to buy some, so $150 thats a good deal, make sure the dome is secure, the LEDs light up, and the leads are good, and no buzzing from the spider clamp assembly ;)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Twistedchild that clip was halarious, its crazy cause when i first started hearing other shit my boys had i did the same exact thing when i realized JL wasnt the best, and forever i will check everything out tomorrow on the sub.

2000 Mercedes ML 55 Amg

Panasonic Double-Din

JL 13.5 W7 sealed box

Jl 300/4(HIGHS)

edit about the impedance, I think the newest ones were dual 2ohms, the first gens were 3ohms

They also had a SPL cartridge you could buy that was triple 3ohm, 6 layer coil, using a foam surround, and regular dome, light sturdy cone assembly

I would try and look for those if possible

sundown.jpg