Hey guys,

I need some help with my new viper 5901 that me and magic are in the process of installing. Ok the truck it is in is a 1983 chevy c10 and I've added relays and such to where everything is wired up that Im using. The door locks and everything was working just fine after everything was wired up and I paired the remote. Now that Im in the program step and started to program the system I guess I did a wrong step or something because as I was programming a channel in to let the radio turn on separate, the alarm freaked out and honked the horn constantly. So now the parking lights stay on all the time and the status LED on the antenna blinks very very faint blue. Had to unhook the battery a few times due to the alarm staying on. I was wondering if there is a factory reset or something to where all the programming is erased or whatever, and this alarm isn't messed up beyond fixing.

I really appreciate the help,

Kevin

I don't have my 5901 installed yet, but every alarm I've delt with usually erases all memory and is set to default after being unplugged for a few minutes. Sounds like a wire shorted somewhere though. You didn't get any smoke did you? I'd check your wiring first and unhook it for about 10 minutes to start with.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Appreciate it, No smoke like i said everything was working fine until we tried to program it to turn the radio on with one of the channels, yeah the battery is unhooked and will be overnight but yeah i still dont know just doesnt make any sense to be doing what its doing and with the status LED being really faint its pretty wierd.

Hopefully you didn't fry something. Are you postive relays are where they should be and something didn't short circuit? If everything has been double and triple checked, next step is to take the brain box apart and see if anything looks fried in there. Unhook some wires one by one also and see if anything starts working correct again.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

We really gotta figure this one out.

To clear up a few points, everything on the auxiliary channels were working fine up until I took the alarm into programming mode to set aux chan. 1 to "latched/reset ignition"

It seems that somewhere in the process the alarm might have gone into a different menu section by accident and a few settings were changed. What would be a great start would be if we could figure out how to reset the brain back to all it's factory settings.

The status/notification LED in the antenna blinking dim has me confused beyond anything else though.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived