Sundown Audio

Clamped my amps*updated 8/21/2010*

PUNKYOU007

Kool thanks im going to try it and see how it sounds. keep us updated on how you solve your problem

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Kool thanks im going to try it and see how it sounds. keep us updated on how you solve your problem

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Those cadence amps can handle 18v so be a lil daring.

Take a 12volt battery wire a 6volt of equal proportion and wire them in series run your same tests. I know this is not a long term solution but a good way to tell power potential of these amps! I am running 2 c6's I am working on an 18v step tranformer that has 800 amps currently capability. Wont be easy or cheap. But worth it if my 18volt test show enough difference in output numbers. If i was able to swing 2 db my adding the extra voltage the cost would make it worth it.

Please keep us posted i am curious how much wattage you will be able rto pull from these amps.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Those cadence amps can handle 18v so be a lil daring.

Take a 12volt battery wire a 6volt of equal proportion and wire them in series run your same tests. I know this is not a long term solution but a good way to tell power potential of these amps! I am running 2 c6's I am working on an 18v step tranformer that has 800 amps currently capability. Wont be easy or cheap. But worth it if my 18volt test show enough difference in output numbers. If i was able to swing 2 db my adding the extra voltage the cost would make it worth it.

Please keep us posted i am curious how much wattage you will be able rto pull from these amps.

You want to buy a Cadence C6 CHEAP????? i have one that isn´t working, "technicians" here haven´t been able to found the problem, they are not that good, this is latin america!! :angry:

Anyways, new mosfets, new PCB and everything, the amp turns on but doesn´t sound, if you want it let me know, cheers...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

You want to buy a Cadence C6 CHEAP????? i have one that isn´t working, "technicians" here haven´t been able to found the problem, they are not that good, this is latin america!! :angry:

Anyways, new mosfets, new PCB and everything, the amp turns on but doesn´t sound, if you want it let me know, cheers...

How much you want for it? I'll have to pay out the arse for shipping but it could still be worth it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

What up boon? before i can tell you any price, let me tell you the story about this amp, bought and loved it since day 1, that shit pounded HARD and sounded clean as hell, unfortunately i broke 3 360LC mosfets because of vibrations , small car with big ass amp close to the box wasn´t any good, i took the amp to a technician and that motherfucker bought some 360 mosfets (not LC) and blown 12 mosfets :S :angry:

Anyways, i had to buy 15 mosfets and the PCB from Cadence thanks to that moron, well, the amplifier turns on and everything but it doesn´t sound!! i really wanted to buy a new board and start using it again, but i´m tire of technicians here man, also, i bought the SD8000.1 and i don´t need the Cadence amp anymore, i can asure you, shipping shouldn´t be that expensive.

I spent around 300$ already trying to fix this 1300$ amplifier without any luck, i would like to get maybe like 500$ for it and quit loosing my time and money, maybe it´s a bad cheap part that´s messing around, i dunno, i just don´t have the time or money to worry about my C6 anymore, sad story really :angry:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I've got a couple of clones of that amp here that did exactly the same thing.

The PCB they replaced, was that the output driver PCB with the 4 little ICs on it?

Sounds like your tech wasn't overly familiar with these... and probably didn't have much chance of fixing it :( There's a lot of little things you have to check or they just go KABOOM and die again.

$500 is a bit much for me, especially if another tech has worked on it and potentially f@cked stuff up... in particular if you break any of the vias where the driver PCB solders into the main PCB you may as well throw the amp in a dumpster.

Do the relays go CLICK when you power it up?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

hey boon, can i ask you a question about fixing amps? i just replaced all the fets on one side of the power supply and each fet reads 64 or 34ohms (i forget the number but they all read the same). any idea what could be wrong? its a hifonics 2010

i tried to PM you but it wont let me.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived