Sundown Audio

Running 2 sub amps?

Ok here is my problem.Let me start off saying that i did the same thing 5 years ok and had the same problem.How do you run 2 sub amps off of your head unit without killing your head unit?I got two splitters and ran one to each amp.All was good,then the subs went out.I turned off my car,turned it back on and then it went bump,bump,bump.Every time it went bump the subs moved.I disconnected one set of splitters and ran them to one amp, fine.Switched to the other amp,fine. Try to run both at same time,bump,bump.When this happend years ago a stereo repair man told me something about to much voltage or something like that.So, how can i run two sub amps without killing my stereo?

Sounds like either your voltage is bad or you might have a bad ground on one amp.

Amplifiers?

Electrical upgrades?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Sounds like either your voltage is bad or you might have a bad ground on one amp.

Amplifiers?

Electrical upgrades?

Its a old Pioneer h/u. The amps are Sony 1000s. You know how you have a left and a right on your RCAs? I take 1 splitter and plug it to one side, take the other splitter and plug it to the other side.I then put one l/r to one amp, and then the same to the other side.I beat on it for a little while then it went out. This happend years ago, but then i was using a Kenwood h/u with damm i forget what amps they were. I know the Sonys are crap but thtas all i can afford. It shouldnt matter what amps they are, cause this happend before,years apart. lol.

Idk bud.

I'm gonna let someone with more knowledge take over.

But lose that cap, it's not helping ;)

Ok, thanks for trying to help.I can switch rcas to either amp and no problem,but when i try to run both i have issues. lol weird!