Second Skin Audio

Walled Trunk Question

dcofer

i ambuilding an enclosure for my gf's 2000 jetta. its going to hold two 10 inch kicker CVR's and a power acoustiks 820 amp. im going wall it off , mount the subs flush mount into the box, the box is going to be square with a triangular airspace between them and te back of the seat the amp will also be mounted on the back of the seat. the seats are not going to be lowered at any point. should i make it a sealed enclosure or should i port it? also should i port it through the rear deck? ill try and get a model of it up soon to show you how i plan to have it built

i dont think you need a wall for 2 10s in a jetta

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i dont think you need a wall for 2 10s in a jetta

would he be porting thru the rear deck if it was a wall? If you are sealing off the trunk from the car, and aiming the subs back, then yes you will need to go ported, and port thru the rear deck.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

so should i aim the subs back or forward, i kinda wanted to aim them towards the cab and make a stealth like box. i only thought of walling off the trunk because i know thats how you want it if the seats are going to be layed down.

either way the subs are facing forward, but should i port them or jus leave them sealed. im going for a preactical use of the trunk and a stealthy appearance. i could also do a port out the back into the trunk f that would work as well

If you aim the subs forward, seal off the trunk, preferably on the side of the box closest to the cab.

Port them if you have the room. If youre aiming them forward, just port it forward. Having the port hit the seats will affect it a little, but not by much at all. That way you wont be cutting up your rear deck.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived