EricR Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 It would of been blocked in the car because the wheel wells. By moving it in like this, it will flow unrestricted. And it was pretty easy, I just used torres calulator and calculated with 2 sides as common walls and got 26 as the length. Use that and a bend, and bam I have it to where the sub will sit flush on the left with the port on the right. Amp will be mounted on top in a custom amp rack whenever I get my new one. Yes I understand that, what I am saying is instead of putting the port 4-6 inches from the side like you did have it sit up against the side using the side panel as part of the port, the space on far side of the port wont be used efficiently Quote i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
AssKicker Posted May 17, 2010 Author Report Posted May 17, 2010 Yes I understand that, what I am saying is instead of putting the port 4-6 inches from the side like you did have it sit up against the side using the side panel as part of the port, the space on far side of the port wont be used efficiently Oh well, it'll be alright, the box is 1.6 cubes, so sacrificing that .1 will be alright. I did it also for looks, I want to be able to see the port when I look back. Thanks for the comments though! Quote
MaX Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 no im talking about that extra chamber-like thing, looks like it might cause a problem Quote <div align='center'>03 RAV4 18" DC Level 4 XL Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge AudioQue 2200D 6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT 1/0 BIG III</div>
MaX Posted May 17, 2010 Report Posted May 17, 2010 whoaaa, what the fuck lmao, i just noticed my advanced member thing is now 130 db??? Quote <div align='center'>03 RAV4 18" DC Level 4 XL Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge AudioQue 2200D 6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT 1/0 BIG III</div>
AssKicker Posted May 17, 2010 Author Report Posted May 17, 2010 no im talking about that extra chamber-like thing, looks like it might cause a problem Oh that's just because my port uses 2 common walls instead of 3 like a standard slot port. This is a square port, no problems with air flow, the only thing that might happen is a inefficiency of air on the side. But that little space can be sacrificed, I really only need 1.5 cubes especially when I run more powa! Quote
AssKicker Posted June 10, 2010 Author Report Posted June 10, 2010 Alright, so I need to post the rest of my build pics for this lol But in the mean time, brace yourselves for an amplifier surprise! Time to get more powa to the L4XL Quote
keepinitloud Posted June 10, 2010 Report Posted June 10, 2010 uuuuuummmm..........................picts? Quote 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
AssKicker Posted June 10, 2010 Author Report Posted June 10, 2010 Coming in a little while, trying to find them all lol Quote
AI James Posted June 10, 2010 Report Posted June 10, 2010 id rebuild the box honestly, port area looks off, dunno about tuning, and as said part of the box is totally ineffective Quote
AssKicker Posted June 10, 2010 Author Report Posted June 10, 2010 Already beat you to it, I just converted it to a standard slot port to 35Hz, it's really loud now. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.