Sonic Electronix

2 18'' FI BTL's SUB ENCLOSURE FOR DODGE MAGNUM.

Hi, everyone im looking in need of some positive input im looking to put 2 18'' fi btl's in my dodge magnum facing up and the port facing back but im a little confused as far as to what to tune it im looking in the range of 28hz to 35hz. This enclosure im looking to make it 40"W x 22"H x 30"d ported ,PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! :peepwall:

Going to be tight. Is that the total depth, or does it leave room for the port to breathe?

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

You have 12.5 cuft there after driver displacement.

With a minimal port tuned to 34 hz, you are left with 10 cuft.

Can you get any more height? Even 1.5" would bring you up to 11 cuft net.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

You have 12.5 cuft there after driver displacement.

With a minimal port tuned to 34 hz, you are left with 10 cuft.

Can you get any more height? Even 1.5" would bring you up to 11 cuft net.

i guess i could go 24" in height instead of 22", what about my port face back or up ? just to let you know its for sql purpose not spl comp , im just looking for some loud thunderous bass, any imput to acheive this would be appreciated

I have my port facing up it sounds good you will just get better numbers with it back if you don't have room its best to be able to let it breathe I would do port up just to be safe

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I have my port facing up it sounds good you will just get better numbers with it back if you don't have room its best to be able to let it breathe I would do port up just to be safe

thanks , now shoul i get it tuned @ 34hz errrrrr, what? and as far as material for the box 1" mdf or 3/4" mdf eventhough 1'' is a lil difficult to get here

thanks , now shoul i get it tuned @ 34hz errrrrr, what? and as far as material for the box 1" mdf or 3/4" mdf eventhough 1'' is a lil difficult to get here

you can check out my build log its not the best in the world but it does the job quite nicely i used 3/4 mdf and mine is tuned to around 37 hz (a little high but im using hdc3s they like it and can hammer lows) just make sure you get the right airspace in the box you never want to choke the woofers

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

you can check out my build log its not the best in the world but it does the job quite nicely i used 3/4 mdf and mine is tuned to around 37 hz (a little high but im using hdc3s they like it and can hammer lows) just make sure you get the right airspace in the box you never want to choke the woofers

ok thanx for the input

Archived