Sundown Audio

will my amp be repairable?

Jared420

I just want some educated opinions. I sent a quote request form into dbr.com yesterday because I killed my amp. I just want to know if judging by what happened anyone thinks they will be able to repair my amp or should I just start looking for a new amp? I was driving and only listening to my music at about 50% Volts were sitting nicely between 14.2 and 14.1 and all of a sudden it cuts out, so I get home and see one of my inline fuses popped from my back battery to my amp.(the amp isnt fused itself so I have a 250A inline on each run of power to the amp.) I replace the fuse, start up my truck and it pops again, so I recheck all my connections replace the fuse again and turn it on again, got a little popping noise and then the smoke came leaking out of the amp. Took it all out and something was jiggling inside the amp so I opened it up and it was a board component, a blue rectangular box shaped thing broke its connections off the board. So i am wondering if that will fix the problem or if the amp i junked because it went up in smoke? any ideas?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

This amp is also manufacturer listed to be stable to .5 ohms, and whenever I ohmed my subs out it always read .9 ohms so with rise Im guessing it was much closer to 1 ohm anyways.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts