Second Skin Audio

MA Audio HardKore 18's. Same basket as you've got up there.

2 of them work perfect right now, the third has a melted coil. Quad 1.5 coils on them.

actually may need 4, I just found one for sale for $150 hahahaa..

edit

the one I found is a different basket design and surround I think.. hmm..

Mine are 6-spoke like you've got in the first post... here's a vid of them:

Maybe it was just the 15's that used this style basket.. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/khan351/DSC02180.jpg

Here's about all there is for specs on them.. 15's have a 3" former, 18's have a 4".. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/khan351/DSC02185.jpg

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I have the Kore Quad 1.5ohm coils in fact, how funny, but only have like 2 maybe 3 on hand

would be impossible to match exactly the other Kores though, spiders, and cones

But thats a 3" coil, not 4"

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

How does a 3" coil fit on a 4" former? :P

edit - I'd rather go with other coils actually, the Kore quad 1.5's have crazy impedence rise.

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

the impedance rise doesn't have to do with the coils, the sub is probably broken in pretty good, and the suspension may be lose

a really stiff suspension, and a smaller box will change all of that

The Kore coils, the ones I have anyways are some of the best coils I have laid my hands on

The power is still exaggerated, 5000rms on any speaker under a 4" or even a 5" coil is kind of BS if you ask me

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hey forever ive been wanting to ask for a while but i really want to get my resx d2 (preusamp) reconed. what could you do to these subs to get more out of them. im striclty looking for ground pounder. im stilltrying to buy 2 more d2's but if not ill just go ahead and save for 2 18's

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

just PM me

sundown.jpg

Nah, not loose at all :P

Big box, all coils in parallel per driver, series between drivers.

Regardless I have to wait until I get another one before I can commit to the recone stuff..

Hammerdown... 1%