etaks_crew Posted May 30, 2010 Report Posted May 30, 2010 Well as some of you know I really wanted to buy a pair of 18" DC XL's. Some of you also know that I bought them and UPS dropped them off at the wrong house or someone snatched them. Kinda odd how they were signature service and they say there were left on my porch. Anyways the reason I wanted them was because my buddy has a set and they sound amazing. To make a long story short I bought them off of him tonight. Only problem is one of the tensile leads is snapped which he repaired under the dust cap and since they are dual 2 I'd have to run them at .5 off my amp(reason I'm still sad the dual 1's came up missing.) But for the price even if I need a new re-cone I'll still save a bit of cash. Yes I listened to them before I bought them to make sure his repair worked. Just hope it will hold up til I can get cash for a re-cone. Also The dust caps are kinda funny.
parton226 Posted May 30, 2010 Report Posted May 30, 2010 pink and lime green thats awesome lol parton226
etaks_crew Posted May 30, 2010 Author Report Posted May 30, 2010 Yeah it's duct tape he tried to paint the one white while it was off but fucked up and we did that instead. I kinda like it though. I'm sure once I get a build going I'll get people like WTF.
etaks_crew Posted May 31, 2010 Author Report Posted May 31, 2010 Quick question Couldn't I build the box a little on the smaller side to try and raise the impedance.
skittlesRgood Posted May 31, 2010 Report Posted May 31, 2010 Quick question Couldn't I build the box a little on the smaller side to try and raise the impedance. regardless of rise the amp will still see .5ohm at the beginning of every tone. its only a fraction of a second but during music its happening all the time. bigger boxes have more rise but dont worry about making more rise. there will be plenty of it lol. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
etaks_crew Posted May 31, 2010 Author Report Posted May 31, 2010 I see thanks for the input. I like learning more everyday on car audio.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.