Second Skin Audio

1 O.K. sub vs. 2 Crappy Subs

Okay, well i know im probably going to get some crap because i dont have any nice equipment, but im just working with what i have till i have the money to upgrade. Well i recently built a box for 1 12" Alpine Type-S. It is 2^3 and tuned to 37hz. It sounds good, but i would like some more output. So i was looking around and found 2 12's in my garage. They are cheap insignia's, but i just put one in the box and my alpne is just barely louder. So my question is would cutting a hole in the other side of the box for the second insignia sub be worth it? The box has the port in the center and 1 sub on the right, so i can easily add another to the left side. What do you guys think?

I need to make sure I'm understanding this.. You built a box for 1 12", but have the 12" on the right side, and port in the middle? Dimensions of box?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Yeah, i wanted the port to fire between the seats but afterwards i realized that the port should have been just out on the side. So that is why im wondering if 1 sub on each side would be better, plus they only need like 1^3 each.

And i think the box is like 42"x14"x8"

i say stick with the type s...

or buy more wood and rebuild a new box for the cheap 12s...

better woofer in a better box will beat 2x the cone area in a crappy box on the same power.

so i say stick with they type s...

if you want more output... buy some wood and build a Quarterwave Tline for the type s... youll get more output and better sq with less power...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

i say stick with the type s...

or buy more wood and rebuild a new box for the cheap 12s...

better woofer in a better box will beat 2x the cone area in a crappy box on the same power.

so i say stick with they type s...

if you want more output... buy some wood and build a Quarterwave Tline for the type s... youll get more output and better sq with less power...

Thanks man, thats the exact response i was looking for. I will just leave it as it is for now.

Archived