I'm about to order all my fuses and just have a few questions. Im gonna be running 2 batts, one under the hood other in the back. I'm connecting them + to + and - to - with 1/0 Knu wire. On the + i will fuse both ends but how do i know what size fuse to run? Do i go by the size alternator im running or just put the max that the wire handles or what? Im running an Iraggi 260a alt just in case thats relevent.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

When you do the big three, the charging wire to batt i would put a fuse size close to alternator amperage, when im running batt to batt run a fuse the size of the max amperage the wire can hold

I did the same thing, I have two batteries and I used a 300A fuse under the hood and a 300A in the back I think the wire is rated to 250A but it is also KNU

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

When you do the big three, the charging wire to batt i would put a fuse size close to alternator amperage, when im running batt to batt run a fuse the size of the max amperage the wire can hold

Ok thnx, I'll do 2 300's since im running Knu Fleks. Is it really necessary to put a fuse between the alt and batt wire? I've been told yes and no, and I just wasn't going to to save a little $$...

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

It isn't necessary, but if you want to a better piece of mind, that your ride is safer from a huge shorting electrical connection, then I'd do it. People say to do it, so if your alt has an amperage spike, then it won't damage the battery. Imagine what would happen if that cable broke or was cut in half.. both ends would be pumping out voltage if the motor was running.

Edit, for batt size I've been told run the biggest you can. Fuses are also a restriction in current flow, so the bigger the fuse the better. The fuse is only for if the wire is damaged, so the batt won't short out. In most cases 300 amp is the biggest available, but 500 amp is obtainable.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Ok thnx, I'll do 2 300's since im running Knu Fleks. Is it really necessary to put a fuse between the alt and batt wire? I've been told yes and no, and I just wasn't going to to save a little $$...

When u got the paper from Iraggi and it told u how to do the electrical Upgrades, it doesnt say anywhere on the paper about fusing it. Some people do some people dont, if it was on the paper it would mean that is a "must do" but since it doesnt say it anywhere on the paper it must NOT be a "must do" also when he just did the 6 alts for JP it doesnt look like there are fuses anywhere on those positive runs. I could be wrong, but the way the pics looked there was none.

WasteHog has a good point also, but if its ran correctly it should never break in half or should not get cut, but for better peice of mind if you wanna do it then go ahead aint gonna hurt.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Archived