Sonic Electronix

Am i clipping or underpower? Need beefier amp?

yeah buy im running these in a bridged thingy and i want both channels....

both channels at 2 ohms = same power at bridged 4 ohms.

bridged is better IMO because if they are in stereo, when a bassline in a song fades from left channel to right channel (even a tiny bit), the woofers will fight eachother

nonono i agree with you, i mean can i bridge this amp and get a nice amount of power and my amp ISNT rated for 1800 its rated for 700 wats max on two channels so 250 rms non bridge is acurate for me....

i mean sure there not the best in the world, in fact i wold rather have some nice kickers (heard that there tough basterds) but i got these for free.

and free is better than ANYTHING you pay for considering that i dont have anymoney for this kind of shit hahaha!

am i right?

no fighting man, not cool...

nonono i agree with you, i mean can i bridge this amp and get a nice amount of power and my amp ISNT rated for 1800 its rated for 700 wats max on two channels so 250 rms non bridge is acurate for me....

no such thing as max power. like i just said that amp will do like 100w BRIDGED at 4 ohms or both channels running at 2 ohms...same exact power

no such thing as max power. like i just said that amp will do like 100w BRIDGED at 4 ohms or both channels running at 2 ohms...same exact power

no im talking about the amp that is in the link, i asking is that a suck ass amp or a not bad amp for the average i dont shit gold bricks kind of guy

LayneRuley, if you're amp has 2 10 amp fuses,then the max power it is going to put out is 20*14.4=288W at 14.4V with 100% effiency , which is impossible.

At 60% efficiency it would produce 288/100*60=172.8W RMS.(without popping fuses.)

So if u only have 160w and a shitty box, then it's kind of normal that they don't get loud without using bass boost.(which boosts the 45hz freqeuncy, on most amps)

Just set the gains correctly if u don't want to smoke you're woofers.

That sound, do you get it when you're subs are doing quite a lot of excursion or not?(i think they just bottom out)

There is no such thing as underpowering subwoofers, less power=less damage.(in most cases, except if u turn the gains too high, but that just means more watts, but the waves will be square.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

LayneRuley, if you're amp has 2 10 amp fuses,then the max power it is going to put out is 20*14.4=288W at 14.4V with 100% effiency , which is impossible.

At 60% efficiency it would produce 288/100*60=172.8W RMS.(without popping fuses.)

So if u only have 160w and a shitty box, then it's kind of normal that they don't get loud without using bass boost.(which boosts the 45hz freqeuncy, on most amps)

Just set the gains correctly if u don't want to smoke you're woofers.

That sound, do you get it when you're subs are doing quite a lot of excursion or not?(i think they just bottom out)

There is no such thing as underpowering subwoofers, less power=less damage.(in most cases, except if u turn the gains too high, but that just means more watts, but the waves will be square.)

well i can hook these babys up to a nice amp which is my friends and they dont make that sound so i know they are not bottoming out....

like i said in my first post...

so i need an amp that is 200 dollars (all the money i got)

and the rms is arouns 1200 (cause you devide it by two since i have two subs and get around 600 rms watts per sub correct?

any sugestions?

Archived