what do I need for my electrical?

I haven't purchased the amp yet. probably get it next payday. anyways I would like to run .5 ohm. I know Im not the smartest when it comes to this obviously. I can figure out how to do the shit just need some instruction. I don't plan on having a shop do it considering they want lots of $.

do not run it at 1/2 ohm.

you have NO idea what the hell you're doing. plus, it voids the warranty

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Thanks for the link. Helps a lot. I know that 1/2 an ohm is tougher on the electrical. I don't completely understand what you mean by saying not running at .5 ohms though b/c I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Does that correlate to tuning it with a oscilloscope? The way I look at it is I want to learn how to do this shit... might as well give it a shot. if I destroy equipment I'll suffer but at least I'll learn from my mistakes.

Edited by zachhern1

your uprades needed would include:

(1) HO alternator

(2or3) batterys

(3or4) runs of zero gauge

fuses

also 8 gauge speaker wire

big 3 for the alt

x2 except you dont need 3-4 runs of 1/0. how much power can come from the front of the car? 300amp alt and a battery at most. 2 runs of 1/0 will do just fine.

Thanks for the link. Helps a lot. I know that 1/2 an ohm is tougher on the electrical. I don't completely understand what you mean by saying not running at .5 ohms though b/c I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Does that correlate to tuning it with a oscilloscope? The way I look at it is I want to learn how to do this shit... might as well give it a shot. if I destroy equipment I'll suffer but at least I'll learn from my mistakes.

here is a good way to practice. to run 2 speakers at .5ohm you will need D2 coils. they can also be ran at 2ohms. start there and you wont have to worry about blowing a new amp while you play with it. once you feel you know what your doing, rewire to .5ohm.

they guys are just telling you to be careful because you want to run an amp very hard and it leaves the margin for error very small.

I was thinking Iraggi..don't know if what you mean my cheap..i mean they are cheaper than dc

believe me, there is a good reason for that. if you cant afford DC look at mechman.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.