Sonic Electronix

So I've been seeing on some people's builds, that they have a little voltage meter (typically blue LED) under the head unit, or mounted wherever. What are they called? Like I'm guessing something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/0-100V-Digital-LCD-Panel-Meter-Voltage-3-Digits-Display-/110529682990?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19bc151e2e#ht_4133wt_1001 wouldn't work considering it's DC..

EDIT... Whoa... I'm thinking car batteries are DC actually.. Nevermind

Edited by TLEJ

Yea but it comes with no wires or anything like that. I would go with stinger, they are like $25, google is your best friend. Plus they are VERY simple to install. Connect the pos/neg to source and connect the blue wire to a accessory. Most people connect it to the remote turn on from the deck.

Most of them that you see are stinger volt meters

I thought it was just their cap? in a great spot someone came up with, so everyone did it ?

but yeah nvm majority are the stinger volt meters, but some guy had a cap in there.. was a chevy so they have that box capartment that goes in there..

Edited by Dbforlife

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

ill find you a link for it broski! that one ^^^ looks like it doesnt come with the case around the meter. and im not sure if it comes with the wires to hook it up <_<

fuck i cant seem to find any for $17.99 shipped like most ppl got a wks ago. ill keep searching tho. these are worth the $$$$ tho

Edited by BeatBox

I thought it was just their cap? in a great spot someone came up with, so everyone did it ?

but yeah nvm majority are the stinger volt meters, but some guy had a cap in there.. was a chevy so they have that box capartment that goes in there..

Nope its a volt meter. My buddy has one hooked to his amp to monitor what kind of power his amp is seeing, then has another hooked to his batt. It just displays a more ACCURATE reading then the factory volt meter as these are digital.

Ehh yea true.. I didn't even notice no wires.. But yea I found a stinger. I just didn't know what it was called.. Pshh 30 dollars. Whatever as long as it get's the job done

Well $30 is a decent price, i think. These are pretty easy to install just about anywhere.