Rogers' $700 dream car! UPDATE page 17... A WALL..

x2 man, the whole thing is looking real good!

Thank you!

Looking good man. 8)

Was the radiator causing the temp gauge to creep up?

Thanks bro... naw my coolant was gushing out of it between the aluminum part and the plastic tanks on the side... plus all of the other hoses were rotting and leaking... i replaced the radiator, cap for the resivoir(sp?), and 5 hoses...... theres only one left to change and im sure it will fail sooner or later...

very clean box!

:drinks:

Good job bro. It's coming along

Hell yeah bro... not as fast or nice as your hummer though... you got a frickin pro workin on your shit..lol... im very envious

lovin the coozie brotha!! also fuck yea son....that box is coming along very nice...very clean and shes gonna bang...keep it up bro!!! TDH

haha yeah... i got Matt a shot glass from florida and he gave me a Tdh coozie.. it keeps my Bud light nice and cold... i sure hope its as loud as it looks.... im praying for a 143db on music

TDH Bitches!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

thanks bro... ive got my speaker wire now... just waiting for payday to start working on my amp rack...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

alright... so i got off of work this morning and went directly to work on the car... worked all fucking day with a heat index of 110-115 degrees... it was a bitch... im fucking tired...

i carpeted the rear 3/4 of the box because the trunk bars fucked the paint up... still got the white face though...

added some support between the back dash, put the false floor in, got the box bolted in super fucking solid, got the amp rack half done... it really doesnt sound like a lot of work, but it was an all day thing... i was hoping to have beat tonight but i just ran out of steam... oh well another day...

alright so.. i needed to bolt the enclosure to the back dash... but i had 2 problems... the lip on the back dash was super flimsy and if i were to fold the seats up they would hit the woofers... sooo... i got a piece of 1x2, shaped it properly, fatmated it and started screwing it in... nothing like some #12 screws...

61f4fdc7.jpg

solid as fuck now...

3bfd485e.jpg

then i raised up the enclosure with the false floor... in this case its a sheet of 3/4 and a sheet of 1/2 mdf... also was able to make it so there was a channel for my 1/0 to the back to run through... anyways.. once the floor was in, it was time for some even longer #12 screws... once i had the front screwed in i proceeded to bold the enclosure down through the bottom of the trunk... lets just say... the enclosure is basically part of the car now... super solid..

fd85cf69.jpg

2a625bca.jpg

ahhh the amp rack... total pain in my ass..lol... i had more pics of this but idk what happened to them... basically i found the angle the worked and i liked... anyways i made triangle supports for the back.... in fact i made them 3 different times... once with 1/2 mdf... it split when i tried to screw it in... once whith 3/4 mdf, it fucking split too... so i said fuck it and used 2x4 to get the job done... anyways the amp rack is bolted through the floor and also screwed to the enclosure...mofuckin 3" screws ftw!

ive still got to make the other half of the amp rack for the highs amp, and wrap it all...

46d4d281.jpg

337944d0.jpg

i took more pics but apparently my fone didnt save them...

basically i got most of the actual build stuff done... just got to finish the amp rack, make trim pieces to seal up the sides of the enclosure from the trunk, and make everything pretty... then ill be ready to actually install some shit...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

wow, great progress, i understand the heat dude, i work in the sun everyday, so when it comes time to work for myself in the heat it just plain ole SUCKS, can't wait to hear it hooked up, i hope my jetta trunk comes along as nice as this is.

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Thanks dude... man... I'm going to have to stop updating this thing if we can't get some love in here... 2 updates and 1 single reply

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

looking great man i cant wait to see the woofers in there all finished up

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Update!

alright so check it out... im doing a run of 12awg hpm per coil... 4 coils = 4 runs = 2x 4awg ring terminals + Solder..lol

fa9f223a.jpg

heres the bolts, and i did 2 runs of 8awg wire per bolt from the amp to the box.... lets just say that i doubt i will have any problems with current flow...

b9542311.jpg

and we start again... i decided it would be much better to do one solid amp rack instead of two sections...

f3ffee84.jpg

f2aaf3fe.jpg

03ff9162.jpg

85650483.jpg

db9582b6.jpg

a3944704.jpg

4a7c0b0d.jpg

today i soldered about 6 1/0 terminals... hope people can appreciate the time going into this.... Remember its BUILT not installed!

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Archived