Sonic Electronix

Stick w/ my MRP-F600 or Move on to SAX-100.4D, or AQ4X90

SAX-100.4D, MRP-F600 , AQ4X90  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should i upgrade or stick with what i got

• Upgrade to Sundown SAX 100.4D
    • Upgrade to the AQ4X90
    • Or Stick with My Alpine MRP-F600

Should i ride the amp i currently out till the day she dies, or should i try and sell it and upgrade to one of the other amps? Anyone that owns either of those amps tell me some good things about it, how does it perform for you, what are u running them at? Is this Alpine even as good as either one of them lol.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

:shrug: Bump

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

100.4 is a beast and the bandpass option is something few amps have, I hooked one up in my dads car and have had nothing but good luck with it...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I'm very proud to own the Sundown SAX-100.4D. The bandpass feature is excellent and since Sundown brought it out I have noticed more companies are designing amps with the bandpass feature.

As far as sound goes I use my old Kicker ZR amps as reference and can say I'm very proud to run Sundowns Class A/B amps and I do love how they sound.

In a direct drop in situation I did prefer the Sundown A/B amps over 3 different Rockford amps and they also gave me the tweak ability my oh so loved Kicker ZR amps are not capable of.

I was actually ready to move over over to their SAZ-3500 and offered a trade of 3200 RF BD watts for their SAZ-3500 but it doesn't look like they are going to bite and unless they do I WILL be staying with Rockford Fosgate for my subwoofers if I'm putting cash out and some of this is my fault as I have not shown Sundown anything from me in the Competition lanes.

They do have 3 more days to change their mind, then I'm off to Central Ohio for good and to stay. I can't and won't ever knock Sundown Audio as Jacob has treated me very well with me not giving them nothing in return. (Thank you Jacob) but I'm heading back to central Ohio were the competition scene is alot better and I will be released of my care taking responsibility of 2 eighty year olds so I should be able to concentrate on my life and my hobbies again.

Sundown's Class A/B amps are very nice and I'm incredibly anal when it comes to my SQ amps and highly recommend them.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived